PDA

View Full Version : to stay or not to stay

grouchie
01-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Just a quick question here....
sitting at a party 25NL table
other than my stack there is one other guy with over $100 and he is a little lower than I am currently.

there are only two other stacks over the min buy in (54 and 36).

would you still sit at this table waiting for a hand where you can go up against the other big stack and take it all/most of it... or do you leave with your 150 and feel good about the day.

mr pink
01-02-2005, 11:53 PM
call it a night, especially if youre getting bored... i do stupid [censored] when i'm bored

peace - jeff

DBowling
01-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Theres no reason to leave, unless youre tired or have something better to do. i dont mind playing against a big stack and trying to double up, but if youre uncomfortable playing that deep, you can leave too. its just preference. i dont stay just with the intention of busting one big stack, unless he's real fishy. the table all around has to be worth beating, not just the one player.

grouchie
01-03-2005, 12:02 AM
The whole table is and has been beatable for the whole evening thus far.
The intrigue of being able to get into a big hand with this guy keeps me at the table, but mostly my lack of experience playing with a big stack is keeping me at this table.

Unfortunately, I am card dead currently and have not been playing much.

with a stack like this do you loosen up a bit?
Do you get more aggressive and try to push the little stacks around?

I'm clueless, but it's nice to sit on this mound currently.

Will post a few of the hands from the session after I end it to get some advice.