PDA

View Full Version : 88 - I felt like a LAG

01-02-2005, 11:15 PM
MP2 - Female. Loose/passive. Has been dumping money the last couple hands. $11 in front of her at the start of the hand.

MP3 - Male. A calling station..will see a turn with overcards, gutshots, no matter pot odds.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

<font color="purple">Standard. </font>

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets (all-in)</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

<font color="purple">I felt there was a good chance MP2 didn't have the Q. MP3 would call here with any two cards, and probably raise with a Q. </font>

Turn: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP3 bets, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

<font color="purple">Hugely suspicious bet. I'm not impressed. I raise to build the side pot, with intentions of folding to a 3-bet. </font>

River: (10.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP3 checks, Hero checks.

<font color="purple">Done betting. </font>

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Tosh
01-02-2005, 11:22 PM
What happened on the turn, the convertor seems to have troubles with hands where someone is all in.

Btw raise preflop.

01-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Fixed it.

joker122
01-02-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, 8.
4 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, 1 fold, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? i raise here.

01-02-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

really? i raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. Does it make it a raise based on the two descriptions I gave of our MP friends?

Do the tightness of the blinds come into this decision at all?

Kenrick
01-03-2005, 05:50 AM
Merry Christmas to you guys who would raise 88 here against two limpers. Not everyone limps with complete junk.

Avatar, this is really a read-dependent thing. From the flop on, it's pretty obvious the person will be all-in, which usuaally is fine with me, but all they need is an A, Q, or J to beat you. Tough hand. I'd figure I'm beat on the 3-bet but would probably go to the river because I'm a glutton for punishment.

01-03-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Merry Christmas to you guys who would raise 88 here against two limpers. Not everyone limps with complete junk.

Avatar, this is really a read-dependent thing. From the flop on, it's pretty obvious the person will be all-in, which usuaally is fine with me, but all they need is an A, Q, or J to beat you. Tough hand. I'd figure I'm beat on the 3-bet but would probably go to the river because I'm a glutton for punishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the 3-bet did sound like I was behind. But there was another player I felt I was ahead of on the flop. Didn't want to fold a side pot.