PDA

View Full Version : A flop decision leaves me puzzled.

MoreWineII
01-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Sorry, Bison's creation doesn't like me so this is hand-made.

I'm CO with 66 (suits unimportant)

4 limpers to me and I limp. Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop is JJJ. A bet and a raise to me (everyone else folded). What's my action? Is this an easy fold? In an unraised pot, what hands do I really fear, the table is fairly aggressive, I expect 99 on up to be raised preflop a majority of the time.

private joker
01-02-2005, 09:50 PM
A read would help. Would the raiser bump overcards and try to muscle low PPs out of the hand? Would the bettor lead out with the case jack? Would he have a PP? I'm not ready to lay down yet w/o a read, but I agree this is a tough hand.

MoreWineII
01-02-2005, 09:52 PM
My notes on the bettor and the raiser both say "Too loose, generally bad."

The original bettor is especially heinous. I've been trying to isolate and value bet him into oblivion all night. He also loves to bluff and will carry it out to the river.

The raiser is really loose preflop, like K9o UTG-type loose. He shapes up a bit post-flop though.

W. Deranged
01-02-2005, 09:52 PM
I would throw this away. Think of all of the following reasons why you don't want to be in this hand:

1. You have no outs to improve, short of running sixes.

2. If you are behind now, you are drawing dead.

3. If by chance you are ahead, you are giving huge reverse implied odds because you are dodging tons of overcards.

4. Since there was no pre-flop raise, the pot is really not that big.

With the bet and the raise in front of you, you're only possible play here would appear to be three-betting, since you need to force out anyone with any kind of overcard. Is it really worth committing three bets to with so many things against you?

dr. klopek
01-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Fold.

chesspain
01-02-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would throw this away. Think of all of the following reasons why you don't want to be in this hand:

1. You have no outs to improve, short of running sixes.

2. If you are behind now, you are drawing dead.

3. If by chance you are ahead, you are giving huge reverse implied odds because you are dodging tons of overcards.

4. Since there was no pre-flop raise, the pot is really not that big.

With the bet and the raise in front of you, you're only possible play here would appear to be three-betting, since you need to force out anyone with any kind of overcard. Is it really worth committing three bets to with so many things against you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what he said. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MoreWineII
01-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I knew there was a reason I loved this place. I folded, bad player #1 called. A king hit the turn and bad player #1 won with his AKo.

Kenrick
01-03-2005, 05:28 AM
It takes some guts, or a J or an overpair to raise on this board. And, more importantly, the pot is unraised, so why bother.