PDA

View Full Version : ..wildcard prediction<<<$$$$$

scalf
01-02-2005, 08:48 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif colts kill broncs in indy next week..i still could not find a line..

gl

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

CCx
01-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I agree...I hope the line is under 10, just like I hope that the SD/NYJ line is under a touchdown--Jets will get rolled over next weekend, big time!

Easy E
01-02-2005, 09:24 PM
I was pissed that they backed into the playoffs after blowing that game!

tech
01-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Early lines from CRIS:

SD -5.5
Indy -9.5
GB -5.5
Seattle -4

Shoe
01-03-2005, 12:43 AM
what about this? the GB/MIN over is 48. They scored 65 points in both of their first 2 match ups.

ttleistdci
01-03-2005, 01:06 AM
My guess as to why that seems so low is that the Vikes have struggled outdoors all year. Playing at Lambeau in January isn't an easy task for a dome team...especially Minnesota.

kyro
01-03-2005, 01:32 AM
hmm, interesting. at this point in time i'd go with the chargers, colts, pack and rams. i think the rams might even win, never mind just covering. if i actually bet this, i'd put a big bet on the colts, an average bet on the chargers, a small bet on the rams. i wouldn't bet on minn/gb

tech
01-03-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was pissed that they backed into the playoffs after blowing that game!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Jets are terrible when it comes to clock management. That is the second game this year they have blown by screwing up a chance to win with a TD in regulation. Apparently they don't know that you can call a play at the line of scrimmage. I still can't believe they huddled with 30 seconds left and the clock running. Oh well.

pudley4
01-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Only -5.5???

Are they watching the same Vikings team we are???

Indiana
01-03-2005, 05:33 PM
I live here and watch them every week. Our defense is weak and although I think we have a good chance to win next week, I would rather bet that the game will be close...I would take Denver +10. I imagine the spread will go to around +12 later in the week and I will jump on it.

Any thoughts?

Indiana

scalf
01-03-2005, 06:48 PM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif thenks fer your input..you may be correct

gl

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

kdog
01-03-2005, 10:23 PM
First time I can remember where each game in the first round is a rematch.

Something to keep in mind about the NFC games. These are divisional games between teams that are pretty evenly matched. Both series this year were sweeps by the Rams and Pack. I have real doubts that either of those two is good enough to beat a closely matched rival three times in the same season.

In the AFC Indy should pound Denver. The SD/Jets line looks tricky to me only because the Jets D is good enough to keep this a low scoring game. San Diego should win but cover??

anatta
01-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Chargers line has moved to -6.5 on Pinny, I think its +102 for the Jets and -112 for Bolts.

I think the home field advantage will be a little surprising for the Jets. San Diego fans are bandwagoners. Terrible home field when things are going bad, like they usually were. Chiefs, Raiders fans &gt; Charger fans at Q quite often.

But if Chargers do well, especially post season, fans are nuts. Tickets sold out in one hour, lined up for several hours. Packed house, 70,000, loud loud loud. Think Padres beating Maddox, Randy Johnson in playoffs. Same deal. Its going be a wild scene. If Jets think this is week 2, forget it. You hear a lot about going into Lambeau or Arrowhead, but come post-season, ol' Murph is tough place to play.

pudley4
01-04-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Something to keep in mind about the NFC games. These are divisional games between teams that are pretty evenly matched. Both series this year were sweeps by the Rams and Pack. I have real doubts that either of those two is good enough to beat a closely matched rival three times in the same season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fuzzy thinking perpetrated by know-nothing analysts.

First of all, of the last 15 times two teams have matched up for a third time in the same season with one of them having won the first two, that same team won the third game 10 times.

Second, if you make the statement "it's hard to beat an evenly matched team 3 times in the same season" before the season starts, you're correct. However, by waiting until after one of them wins the first two, you're nullifying most of what makes the original statement true.

Look at an example with flipping a coin 3 times. Obviously it's difficult to get 3 heads in a row (1/8). But wait until you have 2 heads in a row and suddenly you're 50:50 to get 3 in a row.