PDA

View Full Version : Any Value to a river bet here?

mrpurple
01-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Small blind is pretty bad. calls with way to many hands. But, I've never seen him get all the way to a showdown without something to show. He usually folds on the turn.

I think the flop bets automatic and I bet the turn intending to fold to a raise. I improve on the river. But, not really. If I was behind I'm likely still behind.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

01-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Post deleted by Avatar for not paying attention.

BottlesOf
01-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Yes, bet this river. If he calls with an ace that would be absolutely atrocious. If he raises you on the river, I would be quite surprised and I'd make a note.

River2Pair
01-02-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I wouldn't not bet because I'm afraid of an A or 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

He beats a 3.

01-02-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well I wouldn't not bet because I'm afraid of an A or 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

He beats a 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. Too many tables going!

mrpurple
01-02-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, bet this river. If he calls with an ace that would be absolutely atrocious. If he raises you on the river, I would be quite surprised and I'd make a note.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I thought right after my week tight side got the better and I clicked call.

SB has A club 8spade and MHING.

W. Deranged
01-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Bet this river without a read. The most important thing here is that now you beat a 3, which is very possible for your opponent to have, and a hand he might not ever raise with. I've also seen players with intermediate pairs play this hand this way.

The other thing is that, for your opponent to raise the river, he would have had to sandbag the whole way planning to check-raise the river. Whether that's a good play or not is not really the question. It's just a pretty strange/surprising one (as JBB said). I don't count on it happening most of the time.

River2Pair
01-02-2005, 09:44 PM
yeah, that check-raise is strange.

He's counting on you to bet the river without an ace. If he had AT, however, I could see it.

private joker
01-02-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What check-raise? Hero checked behind. Who knows if it was a whiffed c/r attempt or a candyass weak-tight check-call with aces-full.

marching_on_together
01-02-2005, 10:06 PM
This is river bet everytime even without the river 10. If the guy has an Ace he has made a mistake by not betting out on the river if he checked and called with an ace then mark him down for future reference. If you bet and get check raised you are still going to have to call as you beat any non ace hand other than 33 i.e. pocket pairs and a lone 3

River2Pair
01-02-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What check-raise? Hero checked behind. Who knows if it was a whiffed c/r attempt or a candyass weak-tight check-call with aces-full.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed it was a whiff.

mrpurple
01-02-2005, 10:20 PM
I assume it was a wiff too. But, If I bet the river and get checkraised, I'm calling right? I'd pretty much have to see his ace before I fold. But, I'm just making sure.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed it was a whiff.

[/ QUOTE ]