PDA

View Full Version : enough with the lessons @ the table

11-09-2001, 08:26 PM
I have been spending a lot of time playing @ Paradise lately. YES, there are many suck-outs and horrible plays that I loose money to in the short term. Those are the exact plays (for lack of a better word) that make me money in the long run. Recently, I have seen many people criticizing bad play at the table (when they are the victim of a bad beat.) People that are made to feel uncomfortable have left the table or their play improves neither of which is good or, profitable. I hope nobody minds me rambling about this I just get annoyed and if I were to express it at the table I would be just as guilty. Does anyone else have a similar frustration?

Eric

BTW----The person that I have found to be most guilty of this (table talk )called three bets cold ( and a re-raise) with bottom pair and a backdoor flush "draw".

11-10-2001, 01:00 AM
It's not that hard.

Miles...So What.

11-10-2001, 08:21 AM
I have occasionally used the chat function with some success to shame and silence critical jerks. I might first ask them to please show better sportsmanship. If pressed, I might explain to them that their rude behavior reveals immaturity and low self-esteem, and they should perhaps consider a less competitive passtime. A side benefit may occur when the jerk proceeds to tell everyone at the table how badly you play. Free advertising!

11-10-2001, 01:24 PM
Can't agree more with Sykes. I kindly encourage and defend the people who are playing poorly and do all I can to egg on an aggressor to megatilt status.

Why just the other day I (probably incorrectly) semi-bluff check-raised with a flush draw on the flop. I caught my flush on the river and the table aggressor typed, "this is ridiculous!!!". I wrote, "isn't it tho?!! That was riverrific!" I wasn't about to go into my rationale.

I say defend and encourage the people who are playing poorly so they don't leave, and needle the aholes until they burn off more cash.

Hammuh

11-11-2001, 05:19 AM
Riverrific? I love it! It's probably best if you can put the jerk in his place in a teasing, humorous manner.

11-12-2001, 04:47 PM
When a whiner gets sucked out on and complains I like to say "Yeah, let's just play without the river! Who else thinks so?" I think humor helps diffuse things and will often shut 'em up.

KJS

11-12-2001, 06:49 PM
I have tried various things, picking a fight with the aggressor about his play, trying to be friendly, joking, but if someone wants to be a jerk, he's gonna be a jerk.

Now the first second I get annoyed, I turn off player chat. It's helped my peace of mind immensely. And I usually have it on when I first sit, so when I join the rare fun table, I don't miss out.

zooey

11-12-2001, 08:29 PM
Interesting that you would use the word rare. I was away from pp for quite a while and since coming back I have found that the games are extremely serious. Nobody chats anymore. Starting to wonder if someone found LC's chats and doesn't want to be found out. Oh, well. I guess I am going to have to just settle in and try to make money.

Larry

11-12-2001, 09:51 PM
I agree, the only thing in the chatbox is people ridiculing the play of others lol. I miss the fun tables.

Jeff

11-13-2001, 12:52 AM
I don't chat much because I read 2+2 or current news or work on computer projects, others probable do the same.

Flats