PDA

View Full Version : How bad was this CR on paired flop?

_Kevin_
01-02-2005, 07:08 PM
The overall table was loose passive preflop and a little tighter preflop. I wasn't seeing a lot of people go to the river. This was villian 1st hand so I have no reads at all.

Comments on all streets please.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

I think I have plenty of odds to call with this hand.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls.

I first thougt about leading out but a flush draw would never fold so I decided to check and see what happened. CO had posted so their hand could almost anything. A bet from last position on a scare flop is pretty standard for a lot of players so I didn't take it to mean much. A call was out of the question so I felt I either needed to raise or fold. Raising might knock out a lot of hands worried I have the 4 and I might have the best hand so it's what I chose.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

A lot of players will call one more to see if they improve before folding so I felt I needed to lead out and see if I could win right here. I planned to fold to a reraise.

River: (7.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

I assumed if I checked, CO would bet and I'd have to call down so betting seemed a better line (maybe they would fold a hand like 88). Again, I would have folded to a reraise.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Shillx
01-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Call me weak but I'm check/calling on the river. Anyone that has me beat or tied will call, but I might be albe to get a bluff by the CO if I check to him. I just don't see him calling with many hands that you beat.

Brad