PDA

View Full Version : KcQc hand for discussion

ClaytonN
01-02-2005, 06:40 PM
No reads

.5-1 PS

I hold K/images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB

1 limper in MP, I complete, BB checks

Flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, BB folds, MP raises, I reraise, MP caps, I call

Turn: (J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check/Call

River: (J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check/call

How'd I do?

Shillx
01-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Raise preflop.

This hand is interesting on the turn because a lot of hands that you don't want to give a free card to (like A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif or TT) are going to bet when you check to them. It seems unlikely that he just has a pair of aces here (unless he also had a flush draw on the flop).

I feel like you have the best hand here. A turn check/raise might be the best way to push your edge in this hand.

Brad

ClaytonN
01-02-2005, 06:51 PM
My thought process:

Flop: MP was a limper, so he either has a straight also or he has two pair. I highly doubt a set.

Turn: Crud. This card sucks. I can't play this aggro with a 3-flush on board (doh)

River: Shut down. My hand *might* be good

Stork
01-02-2005, 06:51 PM
I agree.

Also, you can fold this on the river.

__Q__
01-02-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, No, No

You absolutely cannot fold this hand to one bet on the river.

firedawg
01-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I would have raised pre-flop, trying to get the BB out. Bet the turn, then re-raise for info, be the river, if he raises your sunk. this is tricky, I think he has you beat, any reads? Any diamond beats you tough decision. So hard to fold the river,m so check calling was good. Results?

ClaytonN
01-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Results are below:

<font color="white">Villain shows JhJs for a set. MHIG</font>

btspider
01-02-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop.

This hand is interesting on the turn because a lot of hands that you don't want to give a free card to (like A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif or TT) are going to bet when you check to them. It seems unlikely that he just has a pair of aces here (unless he also had a flush draw on the flop).

I feel like you have the best hand here. A turn check/raise might be the best way to push your edge in this hand.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

good feel for the turn situation. he should bet most of his hands. he probably won't raise a turn bet unless he has you tied or beat though. unless he has a made flush or the K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, a check-raise is for value. gotta call down a 3-bet hoping to split i suppose.

definitely raise PF. check-call the river is alright the way it was played. he could have two pair or a non-/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K. i really want to bet-fold it.

radek2166
01-02-2005, 07:21 PM
I raise preflop. I auto bet the flop. When He raises me I reraise him . Now the tricky part. What did he limp with? J10? Axs? Kxs? Lots of hands to limp with. I think I jam till the forth diamond falls. Check call the river.

btspider
01-02-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise preflop. I auto bet the flop. When He raises me I reraise him . Now the tricky part. What did he limp with? J10? Axs? Kxs? Lots of hands to limp with. I think I jam till the forth diamond falls. Check call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

he probably won't jam the turn unless he's tied with you or free-rolling you. if you bet and he raises, i don't think a 3-bet is +EV.

Shillx
01-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Good analysis spider. It seems weird check/raising on this board, but I think it is the right play.

Hero's hand is g00t!

Brad

Stork
01-02-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, No, No

You absolutely cannot fold this hand to one bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know why you'd say that, and I also read SSH, but this isn't a huge pot, you're only getting 7-1, which means you have to be good at least 12% of the time here, and I'd expect you to be good maybe 8% of the tiem or so.

EliteNinja
01-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Easy check-raise on the turn. You have to give people a reason to fold if they hold onto a flush draw, you might even get a low flush to fold here. The 3-bet on the flop indicates either another KQ, or a set.

Shillx
01-02-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy check-raise on the turn. You have to give people a reason to fold if they hold onto a flush draw, you might even get a low flush to fold here. The 3-bet on the flop indicates either another KQ, or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian is not folding this hand. No way a flush or a good flush draw (like a royal draw) is folding.

I agree with the turn check/raise tho.

Brad

__Q__
01-02-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd expect you to be good maybe 8% of the tiem or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me. Only a diamond beats you. Your saying he has a diamond 92% of the time. Sorry stork, you are way off on this one.

btspider
01-02-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its not to get him to fold, its b/c hero likely has the best hand. if he has the best hand, villian won't put a 2nd bet (i.e. a raise) on the turn, but he will call a check-raise.

-----------------------------

stork, villian will hold AJ/AT/TT type hands often enough to warrant the river call.

Stork
01-02-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd expect you to be good maybe 8% of the tiem or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me. Only a diamond beats you. Your saying he has a diamond 92% of the time. Sorry stork, you are way off on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the way he played it, I think he'll have a diamond at least 90% of the time, and that's not quite enough to make a call correct here. That said, I probably would call anyway and not like it, and be pleasantly suprised when he turns over his set of jacks.