PDA

View Full Version : Attempted Robbery...A5s on the button...

thirddan
01-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Party 3/6 10 handed

Hero is button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop: folded to hero who raises, sb folds, bb (pretty new to table, hasn't done anything out of ordinary) calls...

Flop: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls...

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks, Hero check...

River: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets, Hero folds...

What say you?

Lmn55d
01-02-2005, 06:42 PM
I dont like it. I think you need to bet the turn to protect your vulnerable hand which is probably best. There are just so many hands a normal weakplaying BB would call with including gutshots, a single overcard, etc. I would then usually check through on the river (against some opponents I would value bet). Seeing that you checked through on the turn, I think you definitely need to call his river bet, especially since it was an undercard. I think you will see a bluff, 3, or weaker 5 enough time to make it profitable.

Trix
01-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Bet the turn or call the river, usually the turn as you dont know if he will bluff or not.

You often get called by any gutshot, any overcards, 1 overcard+backdoorflush or backdoorstraight+backdoorflush on the flop. Those hands folds the turn. I know the 8 kinda sucks, but not enough.

01-02-2005, 06:45 PM
You gave up on this hand way too soon.

thirddan
01-02-2005, 06:53 PM
you are all right i gave up too soon, on the river i figured that every reasonable draw that could have called the flop had hit by the river (i am retarded)...

What are we doing if Hero bet the turn and gets called and then BB leads the river?

Lmn55d
01-02-2005, 06:55 PM
thats a more interesting question and I think its reasonably close EVwise, but I would usually call. A lot of times they will checkraise a flush (I would definitely fold to a checkraise).

Trix
01-02-2005, 06:57 PM
In this hand we probably fold as most hands he can call flop and turn with beats us.

The people who call with the same crap they do on the flop, arenīt the ones who bets the river.

Bob T.
01-03-2005, 06:30 AM
I don't like it. You show weakness on the turn, and a scare card comes on the river, he has been invited to bet, so I think calling this down with an unimproved ace is reasonable, and given that you have slightly more than that, even better. I know that I have had players take a shot at me with this sequence if they have any pocket pair, including the ones that you beat.

It is just so likely that he played a hand like KJ or KQ this way that I am nervous about folding, I might have called him down with a big ace here, so with bottom pair, its worth calling.

I would bet the turn, and probably check behind on the river. If I got raised on the turn, I would probably fold there.

Kenrick
01-03-2005, 06:42 AM
Bet the turn, fold to any resistance.

thirddan
01-03-2005, 11:08 AM
i think checking the turn HU in position is a big problem with my game at the moment, i seem to fear turn c/r a lot. in this hand i think that was the case, i just forgot to call the river...

Fat Nicky
01-03-2005, 11:16 AM
You need to bet this turn so the rest of the hand is a breeze to play.

The bet on the river could be a stone bluff based on your turn check, so I think you need to call the river, since you didn't bet the turn.

Bob T.
01-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Maybe you should play a little 6 max to get used to headsup situations.