PDA

View Full Version : 6-12 flush draw in the middle of a bad session

BWebb
01-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Decided to cash out some of my online 'roll to play a little B&M, first time in a while. First session did not go good, but I think I played pretty well. This hand came up while I was down about 2 racks and was wondering if I played it well or if I played it badly because of the rough session. Table is great, loose-passive preflop, except for one player who will raise preflop with a great variety of hands. However, he folded this hand before it was too me. The players in this hand all play pretty straightforward, except for CO, who likes to bluff if nobody bets the flop.

I limp on the button with 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif after 4 or 5 limpers. SB calls and BB checks.

Flop:
K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, three calls to me, I call.

I had used the free card play twice the past two times on the button when I had a flush draw, so I did not think it would work again.

Board: K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Turn: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets again, UTG+1 raises, CO cold-calls and it is on me. What's my play?

BWebb
01-02-2005, 07:23 PM
##

Trix
01-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Raise the flop for value, if you get a free card too, then it just rocks.

Call the turn.

thirddan
01-02-2005, 07:30 PM
im with trix...raise the flop, not only can you probably get a free card again, but since there are so many players already in the pot your bet is for value...

that is a crap turn card, but the pot is big so you should call...

vmacosta
01-02-2005, 07:32 PM
If you weren't going to raise this flop, then why'd you play that hand anyway?? This is a dream flop and you don't need the free card to make this raise correct. Plus, the turn isn't nearly as tricky now since you are far less likely to see a bet and a raise in front of you and you have to call regardless.

BWebb
01-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Well, this got stuck talking about the flop when I was more interested in the turn. Anyway, the CO's coldcall made me think he was on a spade draw as well. Plus, the pair on the board worried me, so I folded. River was 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for final board of:

K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

CO showed J5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the winner. Others did not show.