PDA

View Full Version : AA on Paired Board -- Standard or Horrible

colgin
01-02-2005, 06:06 PM
No reads on villain. Meh.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.66 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.66 BB

wuarhg
01-02-2005, 06:08 PM
I bet the turn here.

mr pink
01-02-2005, 06:21 PM
i like it, you save a bet when you're behind and you maybe get to snap off a bluff on the river. unless you're gonna fold to the check/raise

peace - jeff

wuarhg
01-02-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i like it, you save a bet when you're behind and you maybe get to snap off a bluff on the river. unless you're gonna fold to the check/raise

peace - jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the times you let a hand like 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif see the river for free?

Lmn55d
01-02-2005, 06:50 PM
I would bet the turn. I understand that being raised would suck here, especially against opponents where you could still be ahead. However, the pairing of the jack made it siginificantly less likely your opponent has a jack (also sometimes he would bet it out on turn, making it less likely still). There are just so many draws and weaker pairs that will call your turn value bet. I think this fact outweighs the negatives of getting raised. Additionally, I've seen situations where passive opponents will not raise a weak jack, thinking you might have them outkicked.

colgin
01-02-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about the times you let a hand like 97 see the river for free?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate giving a free card here. But I would also hate to get checkraised because I don't have a read and don't know if I can throw away my hand. I had to weigh giving a free card v. the possibility of gaining an extra bet when I am ahead and saving two when I am already behind. I am not sure this is an easy decision which is why I posted the hand.

DeezNutz3
01-02-2005, 11:24 PM
I had a very similar hand at 15/30. I checked the turn and a Q came on the river. The original bettor bet and now a player between us raised ...I mucked and the first guy called. Player out of position had bottom pair and river raiser showed AQ. I used to check but now I bet, hope this helps.

surfdoc
01-02-2005, 11:32 PM
I like your play here based on the board texture. There are so many hands up front that limp contaning a Jack. If you had even a touch of a read here that would help but I think it is not a common play for the average Party 3 player to lead into a PFR in a shorthanded pot on a draw. You will have a very tough time foldong to the turn CR and will snap off a bluff enough to make this worthwhile.

sfer
01-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Readless, it's standard.

Kenrick
01-03-2005, 05:37 AM
Looks good to me. If he's isn't betting the flop without a jack against a preflop raiser, then God bless him.

colgin
01-03-2005, 09:34 AM
UTG+2 has QTo for the rivered staright and MHING.

Notwithstanding the results, checking the turn here still seems right to me.