PDA

View Full Version : Interesting 5-10 river bluff

ggbman
01-02-2005, 05:20 PM
This was an interesting hand that came up today at the 5-10 tables. I tryed to use Bisonbson's hand converter, but for some reason it would just take forever and do nothing. It may have been a problem at my end, so sorry that this isnt formatted.

***** Hand History for Game 1380007330 *****
$5/$10 Hold'em - Monday, January 03, 03:13:33 EDT 2005
Table Table 13052 (6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 5: christy6 ( $0 )
Seat 6: Perfectcircl ( $54.5 )
Seat 8: mothman ( $835 )
Seat 10: penguin64 ( $238 )
Seat 3: ggbman ( $272 )
Seat 1: Cammykaze ( $310.5 )
mothman posts small blind [$2].
penguin64 posts big blind [$5].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ggbman [ Qc Jc ]
>You have options at Table 10748 (6 max) Table!.
Cammykaze folds.
ggbman raises [$10].
Perfectcircl calls [$10].
mothman folds.
penguin64 folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8c, Td, 4s ]
ggbman bets [$5].
Perfectcircl calls [$5].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6d ]
>You have options at Table 10711 (6 max) Table!.
ggbman bets [$10].
Perfectcircl calls [$10].
** Dealing River ** [ 5s ]
ggbman checks.
>You have options at Table 10748 (6 max) Table!.
Perfectcircl bets [$10].
ggbman raises [$20].

I cut off the results here. I was convinced that the button had Ace high and wanted to see if i could get him off it. Im interested to hear what people think the button had, what i had, and most importantly what range of hands i can get the button to fold with this river checkraise. (It's obviously a small range) I'll post results later and i'm interested to see if people think my play was +EV.

Gabe

Tosh
01-02-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tryed to use Bisonbson's hand converter, but for some reason it would just take forever and do nothing. It may have been a problem at my end, so sorry that this isnt formatted.

[/ QUOTE ]

* Wrong forum.
* SP: 'tried'.
* Don't post other player's names, its a bit classless.
* Don't post in this format, its annoying to read.

ggbman
01-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Many the very first thing i did was apaloogize for the format, i know its annoying to read. I tried like 5 times to convert it an it timed out every time. It's really annoying when i acknowledge something right off that bat and then the first thing you do is by my balls about it, i don't see how that is neccesary. I would like comments on the hand, not the format, i already apologized for that.

Tosh
01-02-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Many the very first thing i did was apaloogize for the format, i know its annoying to read. I tried like 5 times to convert it an it timed out every time. It's really annoying when i acknowledge something right off that bat and then the first thing you do is by my balls about it, i don't see how that is neccesary. I would like comments on the hand, not the format, i already apologized for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about spending 2 minutes writing it out yourself?

ggbman
01-02-2005, 05:50 PM
I raise one off the button with QcJc. The button calls and both blinds fold.

Flop is 8c 10d 4s
I bet and he calls

Turn is the 6d
I bet and he calls

River is the 5s
I check he bets, and i raise...

Now would you care the comment on my original questions. (I felt he was chasing with Ace high, and what range of hands does he fold to the river check-raise)

Tosh
01-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Ok I still think you're better off with the headsup/shorthanded forum though.

My first query would be about your read. I am not sure why you read him for ace high, he could have a lot of other hands IMO, small pairs, straight draws, big hand on a slowplay etc.

ggbman
01-02-2005, 06:30 PM
I posted it there too and I am getting some feedback. I cant really explain, except he had auto call on preflop which is most likely a medium ace or a very small pair in my experience. I thought the checkraise might get him off either of these hands.

Gabe

Tosh
01-02-2005, 06:41 PM
IMO the guys who'd fold ace high probably check it anyway, I think its altogether too tricky.

Trix
01-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Itīs a great play against some players, but sucks vs most players, so when he is unknown I dont like it.

I dont think he bets A-high very often. Usually he has some kind of pair, puts you on AK/AQ/AJ and valuebets. Against the right players you can fold that pair, against most unknowns you canīt and are just spraying.