PDA

View Full Version : Are the Jets the worst 5 seed ever?

BottlesOf
01-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Seeing as this system hasn't been in place for very long, I wouldn't be surprised....

I guess whatever NFC makes it as a 5 will probably be worse...

uw_madtown
01-02-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess whatever NFC makes it as a 5 will probably be worse...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna say, when I saw the thread title. The Jets won't even be the worst 5 seed this YEAR, let alone all-time.

BottlesOf
01-02-2005, 05:23 PM
How about this. If they win this game they'll be the worst 11-5 team ever.

pudley4
01-02-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's only because the Bears team from a few years ago finished 13-3

IggyWH
01-02-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe... but I'm assuming that you're trying to say they will be the worst team with the most amount of wins. I would say that belongs to Chicago from a couple years back when they went 13-3 not really playing anyone all year and then got SPANKED in the playoffs.

Vinny Testaverde
01-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Well, young Johnny, since I am in town for tonights game, I was at a local NYC club last night (that cannot be named) playing some 10/20 with a half kill. When a Giants fan asked this very question, I said this:

"No"

The entire Jets coaching staff is miserable and the loss of Wayne today really hurt them. I look for them to rebound nicely and beat the Chargers.

CCx
01-02-2005, 09:13 PM
The Jets will get smoked by Drew Brees and his gigantic face mole next weekend - they really tried to win that game today vs. STL, a horrible, farce of a team with a horrible, farce of a coach. NYJ has some talent but their playoff season will be real short...

BottlesOf
01-02-2005, 09:16 PM
This is certainly possible, but I think it's incorrect to judge the Jets too much on a game that only kind of mattered for them, playing a really hot/desparate Rams team.

The Jets have beaten the Chargers in SD this season. Granted, the Jets seem to have gotten worse, while the Chargers have looked great. I'm still hopeful.

CCx
01-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Didnt mean to make it sound like I was judging them based on just that game, I've watched a lot of Jets games this season - they started out white hot but havent been able to put much together late in the season. They have a chance in the game, you know...'any given Sunday', but I think the difference in talent is too great for them to win the game. Best of luck to your team though, it'll be a great game (as will all of the AFC playoffs, it'll give me something interesting to watch while my Eagles cruise to Jacksonville)

BottlesOf
01-02-2005, 09:52 PM
It's all good, dude. See you in the Super Bowl /images/graemlins/grin.gif