No reads preflop on villian.

Villian has $125 on the button
Hero has $500 in mp

Several limpers to hero.
Hero limps with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villian raises to $15
Two callers.
Hero calls
this is an atypical loose call by me, and i regreted it after i called. i dont like playing hands like this for a raise, because they get me into trouble even when i flop what i want to flop. but not too much i can do about it now

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Two check.
Hero checks.
Villian bets $30
Two fold.
Hero calls
I knew i was behind at this point. id say with 90% certainty. he had a very strong air about him. folding was a definate option. but i had top pair 2nd kicker, a backdoor flush draw, and then i had bluffing outs with spades. the plan was to check raise the turn if i hit a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J, or K and to bet out any spade.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks
Villian goes all in for $80
cant check raise if hes all in, doh
Hero calls
i think i was getting odds to chase assuming my K,J, and /images/graemlins/diamond.gif were all clean outs.

Comments?

Kaz The Original
01-02-2005, 07:09 PM
With your opponent so shallow, calling preflop was a crime, and I hope you doubled him up so you remember not to this anymore!

DBowling
01-02-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With your opponent so shallow, calling preflop was a crime, and I hope you doubled him up so you remember not to this anymore!

[/ QUOTE ]
i know i know, like i said, i didnt mean to. it just sort of happened haha. comments otherwise?

sonicblue
01-02-2005, 08:15 PM
I had your exact starting hand the other day, on a $50 NL on Party Poker. I knew it was trouble when a solid player raised the BB to $5, but I was on a roll and cocky (and stupid). I put him on Q's or Aces. So with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif the flop is --

K /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

He fires $10 and I raise to $20, which he calls. The turn -

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UH OH. He bets $15 and I'm pretty sure I'm cooked, but being on a roll and stupid, I call. River is a blank, we both check and he turns up Aces. I'm beginning to think KJs is very dangerous - there are so many ways you can make a hand and get outdrawn or outright beat. My 2 cents.