PDA

View Full Version : When moving in has less folding equity

Enon
01-02-2005, 04:23 PM
I often find it tempting to move all-in in situations where I've got a really strong draw, such as holding A/images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif on a 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif board and there is already a decent amount in the pot.

Another example that came to mind was this hand played by Daniel N: Cardplayer Article (http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/showarticle.php?a_id=14324)

But in situations where stacks are deeper, the all-in move with a draw will often be transparent and read as a draw. Against opponents with good hand reading skills, I've only recently started making a big reraise that would commit me to the pot if moved all-in because it can look like a stronger hand and possibly get the opponent to lay down more hands that he would have called with had you moved all-in.

I'm curious if people have any hands to share with close decisions between moving in and raising on a big draw when the stacks are deep or if they have any insights to share into playing these situations.

Thanks.