PDA

View Full Version : Clock Management

binions
01-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Stars has timed levels, as opposed to Party. This leads to a unique opportunity should you be fortunate enough to build a big stack early, particularly on the turbos.

You can take 25 seconds per turn without using your clock, and make the rounds shorter, ie fewer hands per round, ie blinds go up "faster."

This will put a lot of pressure on the shorter stacks as you reach the bubble.

OrcaDK
01-02-2005, 04:25 PM
It would surprise me a lot if not Stars would look upon this as abuse, in the long run.

binions
01-02-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It would surprise me a lot if not Stars would look upon this as abuse, in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Abuse, when you NEVER use your clock? Please.

gusly
01-02-2005, 04:46 PM
I don't see how this could be considered abuse. It's just another technique.

FWIW, I've recently started letting a predetermined amount of time run off the clock (usually seven to ten seconds at the start) before performing my actions, even if I know instantly what I'm going to do.

If I have a big stack as I get closer to the bubble, I just let that standard time get longer, and no one complains, because I've been doing it the whole time.

I started doing this to eliminate my tells... like that pause when you have a monster and you're trying to figure out the max amount you can bet and get called.