PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Fold or Bubble Play?

Scuba Chuck
01-02-2005, 02:47 PM
How would you play this hand?

NL Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Trny:8309409 Level:5 Blinds(100/200) - Saturday, January 01, 00:56:07 EDT 2005
Table Table 11067 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: jackiedymond ( $1955 )
Seat 4: HarryBagpipe ( $472 )
Seat 6: conwilk36 ( $2989 )
Seat 7: Scuba_Chuck ( $1460 )
Seat 9: bluesharp07 ( $1124 )
Trny:8309409 Level:5
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Scuba_Chuck [ Q /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
>You have options at 2 - Table(195332) Table #2 Table!.
conwilk36 folds.
Scuba_Chuck raises [400].
bluesharp07 folds.
jackiedymond is all-In [1855]
HarryBagpipe folds.
what r u pushing?
Scuba_Chuck will be using his time bank for this hand.
Scuba_Chuck folds.
jackiedymond does not show cards.
jackiedymond wins 2555 chips

Ezcheeze
01-02-2005, 02:59 PM
You are getting 2.5 to 1 on the call. I think you have to call here but I would have raised all in to start with only 7 big blinds. You really don't want to give SB the option of calling with his mediocre hands.

-Ezcheeze

Scuba Chuck
01-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Looking back, this does look like an easy PF allin raise, but I am not in that situation....

And, I am more interested in just odds. I would be interested in $EV.

Furthermore, how likely is it that the bettor actually has a pair like AA or KK, or is he just applying pressure? Perhaps this is a tactic I should apply in my game...

Scuba

betgo
01-02-2005, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't assume the reraise allin is either a big pair or applying pressure. I wouldn't think anyone would expect you to fold. I would expect the reraiser has 99, AJ, A9s, KQ, KTs or better. The reraiser probably thinks he has the best hand and wants to get the mopney in before the flop.

You probably should have just open pushed. However, not only do you have 2.5-1 pot odds, you have AQs. I can't see how you folded. It seems like a weak/tight afraid of missing the money play.

Scuba Chuck
01-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Great. Exactly what I needed to hear... weak/tight.

TheAmp
01-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi,

1) easy call IMO. if he has A with smaller kicker you are dominating him. if he has PP JJ or less its allmost a coin toss. if he has AK, QQ KK or AA you are a big dog but u still have chances. you just cant fold at this level cos you are afraid of these hands. do you think you will be delt a better hand before the blinds wipe you out? even if you do, how many chips will you have left? thats the difference between level 1 and level 5.

2) raise or all-in : I disagree with those who said to push all in. in this case the fact that you should call all-in doesnt make it correct to go all-in to begin with (the old "rule" does'nt fit here). the reason for this is that you want to be called by Aces with lower kicker. most of the players holding such a hand would fold to your all in but call a raise . if you flop an A or Q you go all in , and you will get called by dominated hands.

The Yugoslavian
01-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Scuba,

Isn't this a clear push pre-flop? You're four-way (one fold in front of you) and you have less than 5x the blind money in the pot. The only way I'd min-raise here is if there are some uber-aggro players behind me who you *know* will push with anything and even then I'd much rather take the blinds with no showdown. You have to push here.

As for calling the allin I think you have to at this point and I'm sure PokerCalc/ICM will agree. You have min-raised most, which happens to be most of your stack. You are risking 1060 chips at a pot of 2060 chips and the blinds are quite high. Your opponent's range of hands can be fairly large given that there are 700 dead chips in the pot when he comes allin over you. You will be the clear chip leader if you win this pot and have a great shot at 1st, otherwise you have only a marginal shot at 3rd when folding.

Yugoslav