PDA

View Full Version : bad push?

guller
01-02-2005, 12:47 PM
I've been lurking this board for a while now and the info provied in these forums is second to none, so I came across a situation that you may be able to help me with.

Local B&M tourney, 28 out of 85 left. Top player goes to WPT event, 2nd and 3rd get paid. Blinds at this point are 500/1000. Blinds increase every 15 min. Fixed bets of 1000 before and on the flop, no limit on the turn and after. I have 7500 left and am in the small blind with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif and 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BB has about 20000 left and will protect the blind with almost anything. Table folds to me, I call. BB checks. (after the hand was over I was thinking that I should have raised here)

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/club.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet the fixed $1000 and BB calls.

Turn card is the J /images/graemlins/club.gif making the board 3 flush. I think I have a good read on the guy and am pretty sure he does not have the flush, so I bet $1000. He raised to $2000, and I push all in for $3500 more. Was this an ok move or would you have played it differently.

BB calls and turns over K /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

River comes X /images/graemlins/club.gif he makes his flush, and I am sent packing.

gull

Chief911
01-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey,

My only critique of this play, is your $1000 bet into a pot of 4k on the turn. You dont want someone with a club paying only 1k to draw to their flush on the river. So you gave him odds to call, instead he bet 2k, you went all in, but again at that point he's getting decent (Not appropriate) odds to call.

I'd push on the turn, but you still got your money in with the best of it.

Nick