PDA

View Full Version : Newly moved up to 2/4 - any thoughts much appreciated

mack848
01-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Hand 1. CO is fairly tight passive (20/4/0.6) MP1 is TAP (18/11/1.1)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2.
UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, UTG (poster) folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

When this passive player raises the turn, do I call or reraise here? Can't imagine him even semi-bluffing here.

River: (11.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero ??

Hand 2. UTG+1 is LAG preflop, passive post flop (63/9/0.9) CO is LP (31/1/0.3)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

In retrospect I don't like my flop play here. Thoughts?

Turn: (6.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero ??

Hand 3. CO is LAG (40/12/2.4)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Even though i know he's LAG, when he raises a pf capper I really fear AA. Is it too passive to call down here?

Turn: (7.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

27offsooot
01-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Be more aggressive.
Hand 1: re-raise the turn
, bet the river
Hand 2: u can call the raise on the flop, if u plan on raising the turn on a non-scare card. I probably would have re-raised the flop to force CO to pay or get out.
Hand 3: Again, I would re-raise the flop, but u can also call the flop with the intention of raising the turn. You can't fear AA w/ just a c-r on the flop. A LAG can have so many more hands with which to three bet PF.

lightw1thoutheat
01-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Hand 1)You have to bet and hope to three bet the river i think. It doesnt look like he has KJ which is really what youre afraid of. It looks to me like either the flopped or turned straight, 77, or two pair on the flop. If he check raises you again, on the river thats fine, because the times he does this with KJ are more than offset by all the times he does this with a straight.

Hand 2) i would have been tempted to raise the flop, but i dont think calling and waiting for the turn is as bad as you might think. With the flop call though, think its an easy muck on the turn, since with the pot odds, you have to be good at least 1/7.25, and it sure looks like youre not.

Hand 3) raise the flop and lead the turn. On the turn, if he raised id probably call down then, but a raise wouldnt be so bad.

tripdad
01-02-2005, 11:37 AM
hand 1:

it seems the most common hand i see an opponent show here is A-J, and they are waiting for the turn to raise. i would 3-bet the turn here most of the time, unless it is a really loose/passive player(the ones who think QT is the nuts preflop).

hand 2:

i would certainly 3-bet the flop here, then proceed from there. if you face a cap, you may be against a set, but maybe just top 2 pair, as well. call the turn, fold the river unimproved if that happens. if he just calls your 3-bet, i would go ahead and bet the turn, but likely check behind on the river.

hand 3:

get the money in as quickly as possible here. if you face relentless raises, you could slow down when there are 3 bets in on the turn. i think you win this 90% of the time.

cheers!