PDA

View Full Version : Bad beat or bad play or both?

pihkal1412
01-02-2005, 06:55 AM
I am on the button with pocket 2's. One person is in on a 6 handed table and I call the blind. The SB and BB call/check.

The flop comes out 892 Rainbow. First position bets $2. I call and so does one other. The turn comes and its a 9. The first person raises again and I call hoping to get more action from the player after me but he folds. The river comes out and Ace. First player raises, I reraise, he reraises and I move all in.

He turns over A9....

Was this a bad beat , bad play or a little of both...

TwoShedsJackson
01-02-2005, 07:20 AM
Terrible play, if you had a pattern mapper you'd know the Ace was coming on the river and could have folded your set. Tsk.

Rudbaeck
01-02-2005, 07:21 AM
You can't slowplay bottom set.

MarkL444
01-02-2005, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The river comes out and Ace. First player raises, I reraise, he reraises and I move all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

how would this be a "bad beat". looks like all the money went in when you had the worse hand

rabman
01-02-2005, 12:39 PM
This is not a bad beat. He had TPTK on the flop, trips on the turn and the boat on the river. How could he not stay and play. No one gave him any resistance until he had made his hand. Bad play on your part.

TimM
01-02-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am on the button with pocket 2's. One person is in on a 6 handed table and I call the blind. The SB and BB call/check.

The flop comes out 892 Rainbow. First position bets $2. I call and so does one other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your description of the action makes no sense.

Did you open-limp on the button, or was there one limper before you?

After the flop, if you are on the button, you would be last to act, so it is not possible for first position to bet, you to call, and then another to call after you.

BusterFlush
01-03-2005, 01:33 PM
This was not a bad beat as earlier posted. I would call this bad play and bad luck. Your slow play with bottom set is wrong but I doubt you could have pushed him off this hand no matter how aggressive you played it. You may have taken the pot after the flop with a big bet but he was not going anywhere after the turn.