PDA

View Full Version : River Laydown Dillema

gaming_mouse
01-02-2005, 06:31 AM
Clearly I have odds to call the flop raise and turn bet with my OESD. The question is, Should I have layed down the river? Also, other lines you prefer?

Villains stats (100 hands): VPIP=37, PFR=12, aggr=1 on all postflop streets.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

private joker
01-02-2005, 06:38 AM
He's not overly aggressive post-flop, so maybe he really does have a hand, but for a guy who raises so much PF, what did he merely limp with that beats you? A weak K? Maybe Kxs? JT maybe? I sort of want to 3-bet this flop -- you've got an OESD, a backdoor 2nd nut flush draw, and a PP that beats middle pair. I guess his check-raise is a bit scary, but I'm torn between 3-betting the flop and taking your line. I do not think I fold the river though.

Shillx
01-02-2005, 06:46 AM
I probably raise the turn and take the free showdown if I don't connect, but I semibluff raise way too much.

Brad

gaming_mouse
01-02-2005, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I do not think I fold the river though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't do it either. But this goes back to the conversation we were having yesterday about following your instincts, and my instincts said to fold.

In consolation, I listened to my own advice and started keeping track of these things. So far I would have saved 4 BB by listening to intincts about folding rivers.

Will be interesting to see how the long term results turn out...

gm

mrpurple
01-02-2005, 07:36 AM
I make the crying call here way more often then not. But, your probably not winning this enough to make it profitable. its probably a leak. But, not a big one. You really don't have to pick up the pot that often to make up for all the times your behind and call.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do not think I fold the river though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't do it either. But this goes back to the conversation we were having yesterday about following your instincts, and my instincts said to fold.

In consolation, I listened to my own advice and started keeping track of these things. So far I would have saved 4 BB by listening to intincts about folding rivers.

Will be interesting to see how the long term results turn out...

gm

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Daddy Cool
01-02-2005, 10:16 AM
hey you shouldn't fold this river.

yea the board is pretty coordinated but theres still a pretty good chance he doens't have a K. hands like QJ, QT, and AJ are all possibilities. maybe something even looser like AT, J9, Qx could be out there as well, especially for someone with a 37vpip, a wide range of hands is possible.

getting 8-1 you should probably call.

Anders_G
01-02-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably raise the turn and take the free showdown if I don't connect, but I semibluff raise way too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is the right time to do it given the check-raise on the flop.

I think Villains play is in unison with KJ or KT but given his high VP$IP I would still make a crying call on the river since I think he would have played QJ exactly the same way. Plus there's the chanse that he's a retard overplaying some crap.