PDA

View Full Version : TPGK Turn checkraises gone terribly wrong...

asdf1234
01-02-2005, 05:15 AM
Nothing too remarkable about either opponent known at the time, opponent in the first one seemed LAGish, but not horribly so.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero...

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Hand 1: Preflop raise is marginal at best. Check-call or bet-call the turn depending on how aggressive you think MP2 is.

Hand 2: Bet the turn, none of that fancy play syndrome business.

Harv72b
01-02-2005, 01:59 PM
I'd raise with AJo from the SB far more often than not, especially in a short-handed game. So no problems with the PFR in hand 1...your position sucks, but you probably do have the best hand preflop.

I like the c/r on the turn HU. MP2 is almost certainly not on a draw, so the free card is unlikely to hurt you if he checks through. Only the most passive players would check through there, anyway, and those players wouldn't have raised the flop. When you get 3bet, I'm thinking you're up against A9, though, which really hurts. Tough to lay down TPGK here, but...against most players, you're far behind or possibly drawing dead (although I think he calls the flop if he hit a set, waiting to raise on the turn).

On hand two, I agree that you tried to get a little too fancy on that turn. UTG probably doesn't have a set (he almost certainly raises with AA &amp; about 50/50 on a PFR with TT); he could have aces up. I think here, though, it's likely enough that UTG is assuming you're on an A with a weak kicker that you can get away with calling down against an unknown.

asdf1234
01-02-2005, 04:18 PM
I think the second hand was indeed a case of FPS, and I rarely have trouble with that. I would venture to say that I play too straightforwardly if anything...

In the first one, I called down (river offsuit 7) and MHIG against opponents 95s, and we add yet another to the nutjob list. The second one, UTG actually had a set of 3s, river was another A.