PDA

View Full Version : How to play this QQ on the turn?

z32fanatic
01-02-2005, 05:10 AM
No reads on MP3 but his PFR was about 11% over 100 hands. He did have both the preflop and flop on auto raise, which made me believe he had a premium hand. Also, I don't have the Q of clubs, leaving me drawing dead to a flush. What should I do now?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (15 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero ...

Rudbaeck
01-02-2005, 07:00 AM
Call down.

Tony Corbett
01-02-2005, 08:14 AM
You said

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on MP3 but his PFR was about 11% over 100 hands. He did have both the preflop and flop on auto raise, which made me believe he had a premium hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If these aren't reads what are they?

In the hand I'd raise the turn and hope for a cheap showdown. If SB reraised I'd calldown HU but think about folding the river if one of the others came along for the ride. Pot's too big to fold just yet.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-02-2005, 10:23 AM
you are almost always beat here, but you can't know for sure what you're drawing against. i would probably call this turn and re-evaluate my options on the river depending on what falls and whats the action.

chesspain
01-02-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In the hand I'd raise the turn and hope for a cheap showdown. If SB reraised I'd calldown HU but think about folding the river if one of the others came along for the ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with raising here for a "cheap showdown" is that:

a) It is unlikely that many hands that you would want to fold out will fold. Indeed, I doubt that any single clubs are folding, especially since little clubs will have chances to hit a str8.

b) You probably won't get to a showdown for only 2BB unless you're beaten.

c) You're possibly spending 4BB to get to a showdown when you are likely beaten.