PDA

View Full Version : AKs on turn with A3QQ board

deathpotato
01-02-2005, 04:07 AM
SB in this hand was a fairly typical LAGgy and overly tricky .5/1 player.
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

On the turn, should I just fold when SB wakes up? In these types of situations with a tricky opponent I think I tend to suspect a bluff a little bit too much. Should I raise and fold to a 3-bet? Call down and call a river bet? Just fold, since the pot is quite small? As I've said, in this situation I had a feeling SB was bluffing, so (disregarding the fact that my feeling may be a big leak itself for now) I think now I lean towards raising here instead of calling, and folding to a 3-bet.

River: (8.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Jaran
01-02-2005, 04:10 AM
Hey deathpotato (what the hell does that mean?),
I think calling down against a lag here is fine HU. If UTG+1 had not folded, I would like a raise here.

-Jaran

Shillx
01-02-2005, 04:13 AM
This is good against a tricky player. Against a dumb LAG, you need to raise the river IMO,

Brad

DeathDonkey
01-02-2005, 05:53 AM
Damn beat me to it. Against this type of player a river raise is much better than a turn raise but you have to be able to fold to a 3 bet. If you can't do that just call down.

-DeathDonkey

Carmine
01-02-2005, 10:08 AM
I agree that a river raise is better than a turn raise. What I am unsure about is if folding to a 3-bet is correct. How far will he take his bluff. Once you fold to the 3-bet he could pull this move on you all day...right?? I think you decide to call it down or go all the way at least untill I know my opponents play better. Who disagrees with me.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-02-2005, 10:30 AM
this hand is quite simple, if you're up against a tricky LAG you call down.

if he's bluffing, let him bluff, if he's value betting a weaker hand, well, then you can think about raising somwhere, but this whole talk about folding to a 3-bet really depends on just how LAG and tricky this guy is. against normal players, the standard procedure is to usually fold, but against these types of players you can never be too sure. generally the trickier the player, the more inclined you should be to call down, especially if he's also a good thinking player. that said, there's no shame in calling this dude down and making notes about it in future hands.