PDA

View Full Version : 99 Another Mirage 20 Hand

sthief09
01-02-2005, 03:23 AM
same lineup as my KQs post. UTG limps. this could mean basically any 2 cards without a high card, which he'd raise. I raise UTG+1 with red 99

UTG+2 cold calls. this could mean basically any 2 suited. he's passive, which means it could be a good hand too. a TAG local pro cold calls. he is a little loose but definitely a good player

MP2, same as the other post, 3-bets it. again, he knows that I'm raising light here. he overvalues hands including an A, but is otherwise normal.

Flop (5 players, 11.5 SB): Q64 two-tone, with 2 diamonds

UTG checks, I check, checked to the PFR who bets, UTG calls, I contemplate check-raising, which I think would've done, but just call. the two behind me call also.

Turn (5 players, 8.25 BB): offsuit deuce

UTG checks again. now it's on me. I have the loose-passive and the TAG behind me. even though he's loose passive, the guy to my right is definitely a thinking player, and the TAG is as well.

so I bet out. I figure I can make the 2 between me and the PFR fear a raise from the PFR and fold a hand that's getting odds to call. also, I figure if the PFR raises, it means he's got me beat. I'm positive of that.

it's folded to the PFR, who raises, the live one calls 2 cold, and it's on me. I folded.

and just so you all know, I'm not being results oriented. there was no showdown, so I don't know how I did.

private joker
01-02-2005, 04:08 AM
Seeing as how it's pretty much the same line as KQs, and this time you get raised (and you have a much weaker hand -- 2nd pair vs. trips), it's probably a good fold.

Danenania
01-02-2005, 04:36 AM
I love a flop checkraise here, especially live since in addition protecting your share it might also give you quite a bit of information.

sthief09
01-02-2005, 05:19 AM
yeah, I realized how freakishly similar the preflop action was in the two hands. the only difference is the cold capper folded

joker122
01-02-2005, 05:35 AM
did this hand occur before or after the KQs one?

sthief09
01-02-2005, 05:54 AM
about 2 orbits earlier