PDA

View Full Version : Bad River Check?

BusterStacks
01-02-2005, 02:47 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (10.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

In retrospect I think I was still ahead here, but I got a weird feeling for some reason. PF call ok too? Looking for input, I only post hands that I think I screwed up on lol.

Danenania
01-02-2005, 02:50 AM
I would 3-bet preflop and yes I think the river is an easy easy bet.

private joker
01-02-2005, 02:52 AM
It's fine. He's not going to call with a worse hand. He probably had ace-high anyway. Most people don't raise PF with hands that include a 7, so don't be scared of the 7 pairing. But he was probably on overcards and chasing AK, AJ, etc. Unless he's the type who will call to keep you honest, this doesn't seem like a terrible check. If he had 99 or 88 he might call, but otherwise....

Danenania
01-02-2005, 03:05 AM
"He's not going to call with a worse hand. He probably had ace-high anyway."

Um, ace-high is a worse hand is almost always calling a bet if it got this far.

BusterStacks
01-02-2005, 03:42 AM
on a side note, i love it when they "call to keep me honest"... hehe

private joker
01-02-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

ace-high ... is almost always calling a bet if it got this far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. If he put Hero on a 7, then he figures he has a weak overcard draw (6 outs twice) so he check-calls the turn and check-folds the river unimproved. If he puts Hero on a mid PP, same thing. AK and AJ will only call the river if they think Hero raised the flop on a total bluff. I guess they may think it's a chop now if both Hero and Villain have any A, but I don't think it's as likely as Villain either folding to a bet or check-raising a better hand.

Danenania
01-02-2005, 04:01 AM
You're giving too much credit.

private joker
01-02-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're giving too much credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. I don't play 5/10. I'd just heard the players there were tighter and the games were tougher. I'd expect a hand that Hero beats to fold to a bet and a hand that beats him to check-raise. Perhaps we need a better read on this Villain.