PDA

View Full Version : Is there cheating n Party and Empire?

pihkal1412
01-02-2005, 02:12 AM
www.cheatonpoker.com (http://www.cheatonpoker.com)

Someone posted this while I was playing a game. If its true I think its a bunch of bull. Its a little upsetting though because I would hate to be in a room with someone using this program. They claim you can see your opponents cards.

Anyone know if there is any truth to this.

A_C_Slater
01-02-2005, 02:15 AM
They don't mean you can see the cards while in play. They are talking about keeping a record of hands seen at showdown. It's the same thing as pokertracker.

dealer_toe
01-02-2005, 02:22 AM
I thought the same thing too when I first read it. But then realized as I read a little bit more it was a type of pokertracker with a pretty stupid name.

pihkal1412
01-02-2005, 02:25 AM
Sorry, it said to "view" and track your opponets cards at the e-table so I thought they were really cheating.

dealer_toe
01-02-2005, 02:28 AM
I think someones gotta report that guy to party for soliciting on their site for free. I would, but I don't know is screen name. It could be pretty detrimental to pokertracker users if more players start getting software like PT.

pihkal1412
01-02-2005, 02:33 AM
I agree. I wish I remembered his screen name. I was more scared that the guy across the table could see my cards. They do it all the time though. It won't stop them they will just get a new screen name or IP address.

Alobar
01-02-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think someones gotta report that guy to party for soliciting on their site for free. I would, but I don't know is screen name. It could be pretty detrimental to pokertracker users if more players start getting software like PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did report him, I pasted his user name and the spam in an email to support. Their response was pretty shitty. I got an email saying they were going to warn him not to do it anymore. I emailed them back and told them they need to ban his chat permanently, because not only is he spamming, he is implying that party is rigged, which hurts everyone involved. I got another return email saying they had warned him and will be monitoring his chat (yeah right) and if he does it again, then they will ban his chat. Typical effing moronic Party.

tylerg
01-02-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I AM ONE OF THOSE GUYS....HA HA HA....I LOST MY CHAT FOR A PERIOD OF TWO DAYS FOR HARRASING PLAYERS AT THE TABLE IN THE CHAT BOX AS WELL AS AVOIDING THE XXXX when you type a swear by tyuping shiit or fucck instead

ONce i got my chat back a couple dyas later I lost it again...this time poermanently and i havent chatted since.

PROS of losing chat are i pay more attention and spend more tim on player notes...CONS would be that i cant piss people off and increase the action i get...I HAVE ADMITTEDLLY (by them) taken many peoples stacks at the party poker 50 and 25 tables (.25 .50 and .5 1) NL tables by talking [censored] to them throughout my time at the table...I RARELY BLUFFED EVER AT THIS TIME AND GOT PAID OFF ON EVERYTIHNG...i have noticed the difference since i lost my chat and now bluff slighhtly more

SO KNOW THAT HE MAY GET WHATS COMNG ---I DID

I did report him, I pasted his user name and the spam in an email to support. Their response was pretty shitty. I got an email saying they were going to warn him not to do it anymore. I emailed them back and told them they need to ban his chat permanently, because not only is he spamming, he is implying that party is rigged, which hurts everyone involved. I got another return email saying they had warned him and will be monitoring his chat (yeah right) and if he does it again, then they will ban his chat. Typical effing moronic Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

cbfair
01-02-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
www.cheatonpoker.com (http://www.cheatonpoker.com)

Someone posted this while I was playing a game. If its true I think its a bunch of bull. Its a little upsetting though because I would hate to be in a room with someone using this program. They claim you can see your opponents cards.

Anyone know if there is any truth to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the biggest problem with this particular spam is that by misrepresenting the product in the table chat box, it leaves new players with the distinct impression that someone else at the table is able to cheat against them. This will have a very negative affect on the growth of the game and as such, these people should be drawn and quartered. If they would only work on their game, these jokers could make alot more $ in the long term then they'll ever get off this feckless scam.

As others in this thread have pointed out, the program they are marketing is just a hand history analyzer. The important distinction to make clear to new players is that this allows you to see what people had on previous hands if they went to showdown but provides no access to the hand a person currently holds.

I wish I had a way to reassure people at the table as I've seen this offer spammed across all four of my tables on a couple occasions this week. I don't want to draw attention to the offer or explain what it really is, but I don't want them worried about getting scammed either; I intend to win all their money fair and square.

Kaz The Original
01-02-2005, 06:31 PM
DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK TO CHEATONPOKER.
Someone in the internet forum warned about keyboard logging on that site. I'd be careful.

ILL34GL3
01-03-2005, 04:05 AM
That spammer got off easy. I got my chat disabled for 3 days once for typing tee tee and wee wee. True story.

sonicblue
01-03-2005, 01:31 PM
I've seen users on PP accuse other users of cheating by "disconnect abuse", I guess when they are unsure of a hand they disconnect from the internet, and the "disconnect protect" feature treats their hand like it's all in, even though they don't have to risk any more chips to get to a showdown.

Zetack
01-03-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen users on PP accuse other users of cheating by "disconnect abuse", I guess when they are unsure of a hand they disconnect from the internet, and the "disconnect protect" feature treats their hand like it's all in, even though they don't have to risk any more chips to get to a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's why they don't have unlimited disconnect protection but you have to reset every couple of times. Presumably freqent requests to reset the disconnect protect alert PP to look at that player. Presumably. Who knows though.

--Zetack

MicroBob
01-03-2005, 01:56 PM
There are multiple party players who are spamming the tables with the cheatonpoker links. ...not just one guy.

Why party doesn't do anything about these spammes...or the rake-back spammers...is beyond me.

Then again, I've been playing on 3 tables for 3 hours or so today and haven't had a single spammer on any of my tables which might just be a new record for me lately.
So maybe Party finally is taking some steps about this.

LImitPlayer
01-03-2005, 03:05 PM
I have seen this guy spam this website repeatadly, day in and day out. Jmping from one of my tbales to the next.

I give him an A+ for effort, seems likes hes there day and night every day