PDA

View Full Version : Shorthanded 10/20 PP hand

jayheaps
01-02-2005, 12:21 AM
4 handed. The button in this hand is very loose aggressive preflop but usually will not continue through the flop without a hand. He is also probably on tilt. Down about 350 in the past 10 minutes. The BB is a decent player who tends to call a bit too much.

Button Raises. I 3bet with 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Big Blind calls.

Flop 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I check. BB Bets Button raises. WHat do you do next. Smooth call or 3 bet. Based on past play. It is very unlikely that the BB has a heart draw. Since he checked them the past 3 times he had them.

lightw1thoutheat
01-02-2005, 12:42 AM
I think that this is a situation where you smooth call the flop and raise a non-scary turn card.

If you raise, you could knock out the BB, which is not something you want to do, espicially if you think he doesnt have a flush draw.

As it has been mentioned before, no matter what you do, you most likely arent losing someone holding two hearts. While I haven't played any party 10/20, i have watched thousands of hands played by my mentor (2+2er) at 6 max 5/10 and 10/20, but i could be way off base here. But i figure by smooth calling here,
A)if a scary turn comes, you save a small bet, and
B)if a brick falls, you get some extra big bets.
My mouth is watering thinking of the upcoming turn c/r.

-light

etizzle
01-02-2005, 01:53 AM
A line I really like here is smoothcalling and betting out the turn. If someone raises, you can 3 bet. If no one raises the turn, go for a river checkraise. This line REALLY looks weak, and one of them is almost sure to bet the river.