PDA

View Full Version : Help Playing Against LAGs!!!

BruceF
01-01-2005, 11:19 PM
I'd like some advice from you all on how best to play LAGs. After reading SSH twice, I feel that my play improved to the point where I was making close to 4BB/hr on UB. I still made the occasional mistake which cost me, but overall, without getting great cards, I was still crushing the competition.

I noticed that whenever I had 1 or more LAGs at the table, I had problems against them. I am usually very aggressive when I feel I have the best hand, or when I have a strong or moderate draw, but when I'm bet into by a LAG, I'm unsure of what they might have and tend to be more passive (mostly with drawing hands). Should I change my style of play when I have LAGs at the table (tighten up)? Be more aggressive? Keep the same T/A style?

This came to a head today when I played all day against a number of LAGs and lost ALL of my winnings for the past few months and am now playing with my bankroll (instead of my winnings) due to some unlucky breaks, terrible cards and some admittedly poor playing (ok, I'm whining, but I'm still licking my wounds /images/graemlins/confused.gif).

Any help is appreciated!

zuluking
01-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Play your game, not theirs. TA/A all the way. Use the SSHE tight chart if it'll make you more comfortable. What you are experiencing is normal variance.

bottomset
01-01-2005, 11:56 PM
first off if you kept playing at a table you were uncomfortable with till you lost 50BBs or more you need to learn to leave the table and find one you are comfortable at

if your winnings were less than 50BBs it could just be reality catching back up with you