PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Trip Report *meaningless content*

fimbulwinter
01-01-2005, 11:16 PM
just got back. didnt sleep a wink. this will be short.

well, short by my standards.

I hate vegas. got screwed by our first hotel (essentailly defrauded) and had to find a new room in sin city one night before new years eve. yay.

As for the pokar:

Night one played in a great 200NL game at bellagio. cold decked for 5 hours, then hands 1 and 2 (see below for my brilliant play). everyone but me and a fat, ugly, hilarious perverted newman-Odonnell lovechild was at the final table of a WPT event. funny, i couldnt see the cameras, but sure as heck, they groaned about being "forced" to lay down anything preflop. standard PFR was 50 over a 5 dollar blind. standard attire was a pair of designer shades, hooded sweatshirt and doting mother there to pay for reloads.

Night two was a 1/2 200 game which was also super juicy. probably played 10 hands in 10 hours of play. standrad PFR was 35 bucks, or a paltry 17.5BB's. crew was pretty much the same as at bellagio, except lackin' a certain savoir-faire. oh yeah, and a few eyeteeth. two asian guys who make a living at this game were on fire. average pot size was at least $200. I won one. they both cashed out well over 1K. hands 3 and 4 ensued.

The hands:

1. I pick up AA utg and make it 50. called in 6 places. flop 47T. Fat guy open-pushes from SB, tells me to fold, I oblige, most don't; he smokes 4 fishies with TT. tells me maybe he owes me a toke for the hand.

2. I'm on BB. UTG bets 150 of a 200 stack, all fold to me, I push. i crack his JT when i flop my set of aces.

3. I'm UTG with AKs. I make it 50 over a $2 blind. why not more you say? well, that's about all K4o is willing to pay for a flop at this table. oh yeah, and they're sooted. flop AAK. SB bets 5, I call, button thinks, stares me down, and pushes. SB folds, I call and show my AK cos i think i've got pot odds to suck out and they were sooted. he shows QJ and slams the table yelling "sho me a ten dealer!" right before the turn and river are dealt.

4. Old Lady in a midriff with a distended stomach, missing incisor and massively ruptured nasal capillaries. claims to be a professional poker player buys in short for $100. I say "I'd guess yours is indeed the oldest of professions." She thanks me for the kind words. She's utg and minraises to $4, a quiet gentleman from parts unknown sporting a turban calls her on the button. he has two stacks of fresh bundled hundreds sitting in front of him and is still nursing his first buyin. flop 842. she bets 50, he moves in for 58. she thinks and folds AA faceup. he obliges by showing 42s. the table congratulates her on the great laydown. I later asked her about her poker training. she'd "read all the books there are" and so i asked her if the term "expected value" meant anything to her. I finally admitted, with a sincere apology, that it was just some phrase i made up in my drunken stupor.

In summary:

$ won: ~280
BB/100: ~7/100
Long-Term expected winrate (est'd): infinibillionty/100
Drinks consumed (remembered): 26
Over/Under posited by fat guy # drinks consumed night 1 before $5 tip: 8
Actual: 5
# Simultaneous fireworks shows watched at midnight 31st: 5
# girls kissed at midnight: 1
# girls kissing each other like ten feet away probably because thier boyfriends were puking in the street: 2
# minutes I watched: 2
Amount doing so pissed off girlfriend: 2
Amount would have pissed off girlfriend had she been sober: 200
# beers I owe those two guys for getting so hammered: 2
# total beers owed those two guys by collective mass watching: 2 million

I don't wanna go back now, but I probably will at some point. In the future I'll just sack up and spend some of the ol B-RO for a room at Belaggio or Mandalay Bay. Till then, takin a break from live poker. imuna go pass out till this time tomorrow.

fim

mythrilfox
01-01-2005, 11:29 PM
I don't get it. Is this fiction?

fimbulwinter
01-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Much like the magical realism of gabriel garcia marquez, the post retains its facts from real events. my "thoughts" however...

oh yeah, and turn your scarcasm detector to "dripping"

fim

SA125
01-02-2005, 01:06 PM
I read the whole thing and enjoyed it. Good job.

Tilt
01-02-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

3. I'm UTG with AKs. I make it 50 over a $2 blind. why not more you say? well, that's about all K4o is willing to pay for a flop at this table. oh yeah, and they're sooted. flop AAK. SB bets 5, I call, button thinks, stares me down, and pushes. SB folds, I call and show my AK cos i think i've got pot odds to suck out and they were sooted. he shows QJ and slams the table yelling "sho me a ten dealer!" right before the turn and river are dealt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats awesome. Im headed there in 2 weeks. Hopefully I can find this guy.

Great post.

mr pink
01-02-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Amount doing so pissed off girlfriend: 2
Amount would have pissed off girlfriend had she been sober: 200

[/ QUOTE ]

lifes funny like that