01-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Sorry I don't have the HH available.

Blinds: 100/200
Stacks:
Me - 800 (BB)
Big - 4500 (Co)
Middle - 2500
Low - 200 (SB)

Middle folds, Big stack minraises to 400 and he's been doing this to my blind for awhile. I push all-in.

In these situations where you get premium hands on the bubble and the shortstack close to busting out, how do you play?

Thanks.

brad the fish
01-01-2005, 10:47 PM
In that situation I'm pushing - theres only 2 hands I'm behind - and I'm probably far ahead. I recognize that there is almost no way he is going to fold - I'm going to use this opportunity to probably double up and better situate me against him once I'm itm - and hopefully make him more cautious next time he raises my blind and I come back over the top. Then again bubble play is a weakness of mine.

willperkins
01-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Push!!

You only get so many premium hands. If he has AA,KK, AK so be it. More than likely he has Ax or KJ and that makes you about a 5 to 2 favorite. He may not even have that good of a hand.

I realize that the SB has only t200, but I read somewhere on this site that, to win money in the long run in SNGs, you should try for 1st and settle for 3rd (in this case 4th if you have some bad luck).

Sidekick
01-01-2005, 11:31 PM
You have to push here and he should call. This is a situation where you are hoping to double up and put yourself into a better position once it gets ITM. If you wind up losing this hand... well it happens. But you just can't fold a premium hand in this situation IMO.

Sure you could fold and most likely finish ITM, but when you get ITM you are going to have to play trash hands because you have no chips to work with. You need the chips that this hand can bring you.

Sometimes you run into the monster or things just don't go your way, but you have to play your premium hands for all they are worth in these situations. I can't even come close to remembering how many times I've had QQ, KK or AA in this same situation and wind up losing. It happens, but these are the hands that win you chips.

holeplug
01-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Push..your're playing for 1st not 3rd

Turk
01-02-2005, 03:26 AM
Push happily!