PDA

View Full Version : NexGen Labels

awmacv
01-01-2005, 10:09 PM
As promised, here is a link to my site, where you can take a look at the labels I made for my NexGen chips. Any comments or suggestions on the labels or he site would be welcome (It's my first time putting a site together and I'm learning as I go!)

My PokerPage (http://www.themacvicars.com/PokerInfo/PokerPages.html)

Thanks!
Andrew

smoore
01-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Wow, spiffy labels.

1) Where did you buy them?
2) What did you use for protectant, clear spraypaint?
c) Did you just use your inkjet, or did you use a color laser printer? If I do this I'm going to go to kinkos and use the waxjet.

edit: oh yeah, if you continue your header image on the site to 1600 pixels with just the white washed out look it'll come across as more professional for people that have a browser window larget than 800x600. If you learn to use tables you can have the links on the left at all times and have your content over on the right.

awmacv
01-02-2005, 07:08 PM
I bought the chips from 5 Star Deal and the labels from Onlinelabels.com. The spray was a Krylon clear fixatif (gloss) and I printed them at home on an inkjet printer. It was a first attempt and I think the next time (face it, it's not that time consuming to peel and re-stick a new design anytime you like!) I would use a laser. I'm not familiar with the waxjet but it might also be worth looking into if it's compatible with the labels I have left.

Thanks for the feedback. While most of this web layout is new to me, I would love to figure out how to extend the page all the way across.

Andrew

smoore
01-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Don't bother to make the page extend all the way across, 800 pixels wide is great for reading, unlimited makes it too hard to read. I was just saying you should make the header image "infinte" wide so that when I look at it with my 1024 wide browser it doesn't cut off.

I just went to onlinelabels.com and thier clear vinyl labels come in inkjet only or laser only. I wouldn't recommend putting those inkjet labels you have through a laser printer, it'll probably make a HUGE mess of the printer.

awmacv
01-02-2005, 09:05 PM
I'll give that a try with the page...thanks!

I ordered the white labels (I thought about the clear but in the end went with the white). Next time, I might try the glossy labels and hope that someone's drink doesn't land on my chips (or reprint a couple of labels).

Fins
01-03-2005, 04:31 PM
I'll second the header going all the way across the page.

Nice custom labels... those are nice chips and it's a great way to personalize them. I'd be interested in how the labels work out as far as wear, feel etc. over time.

The web site looks like a good start. Still a little rough but way better than I could probably do right now. I like the watermark. Be nice if the images (esp. table ones) linked to larger pics.

Don't know if you post at ScottKeen's forum (http://www.scottkeen.com/forum/index.php) but there's alot of good info in the Poker Table Talk section. I only mention it because you comment that your table sits a little high. I've seen others with this problem and some choose to cut down the legs with a pipe cutter to solve that issue.

- Fins

awmacv
01-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks! I have extended the headers and will publish them to my site tonight. I think they look better that way and forgot to publish before I crashed last night.

I thought about cutting down the legs and might go that route. I am also going to make another table and might leave this one as is. I did see Scott Keen's site and his was one of the many I read before starting my table.

Thanks for the props on the chips! I'll let you know how they wear.

Andrew