PDA

View Full Version : nfl picks....

10-11-2001, 09:22 PM
1. chicago -7 da bears shoe in of week need i say more....

2. raiders +3.5 colts not that good...oakland clearly superior........================================== =============================

3. giants +10.5 such a stupid bet it's gotta come in...

4. lions +10 vs vikes...actually both mediocre..lions great on road...

5. bengals -2.5...browns cannot stop run...

6. remember i liked the yankees...gl all...

10-12-2001, 06:14 PM
3. giants +10.5 such a stupid bet it's gotta come in...

Bad reasoning. This is a bet to stay away from I believe.

Giants are a team that will often surprise people, so they coudl cover the spread. But on paper, it looks like it's going to be a long day for New York. Remember what the Rams did to Miami two weeks ago at home?

4. lions +10 vs vikes...actually both mediocre..lions great on road...

Have we watched the same Lions team? Lions get hammered by Green Bay in week 1. Lions are a very bad football team right now. The strength of their offense is in their receivers. Unfortunately, there's noone capable of getting them the ball.

I don't like the Lions' chances of SCORING, much less getting within 10.

5. bengals -2.5...browns cannot stop run...

Aha! Nice pick. Personally, I think the Browns are in for a let down here, but I won't put money on it.

natedogg

10-12-2001, 06:17 PM
check power ratings on minn and det...both about the same...gl

10-12-2001, 06:19 PM
how many games have nyg won in row and then are dd dog...check the history on this,,,,historically an extremely powerfull wager..gl

10-12-2001, 07:57 PM
Careful with Browns not being able to stop the run.. they did a decent job on Tomlinson last week.. One of these teams is for real this year and will challenge for the postseason.. This game should go a long way in seeing which one.. I say its Cleveland after the Bengals pitiful performance last week... Cleveland has been rock solid ever since week 1.. Getting them as dogs is just a bonus..

10-12-2001, 08:12 PM
Its tough to bet on any team that relies on Jon Kitna as its quarterback.

10-12-2001, 08:41 PM
I put less faith in trends than others do.

Giants are a great team for surprising people and doing better than expected.

I wouldn't bet either side of this line.

As compelling as the statistics you mentioned are, there's the other side of the coin.

Rams 16-0 at home under Warner.

Rams beat NYG last year by 14 AT New York, when the Rams were arguably not as strong and when Giants were arguably better.

Turf game. Don't have 'em in front of me but Giants do better on grass, I'm pretty sure.

There's worse bets out there, but this one is not strong, in my opinion. I think it's a pass.

Look what happened last week when the home underdog was a "LOCK" against St Louis.

Good luck whatever you do. Since I'm not betting, I'll root for you that the Giants cover!

natedogg

10-13-2001, 01:04 PM
hey some do not see a difference, but i do think there is such a thing as teams finding themselves in colligatve situations which does generally indicate weak lines...i think the important point is to actually have valid underlying value and not just small number "proofs" that team a will win ats 8/8 times. sometimes hard to know difference...jmho gl

10-14-2001, 09:09 PM

10-15-2001, 08:37 AM
oakland won as doggie too...gl

10-15-2001, 02:22 PM