PDA

View Full Version : Suspected Steal, Ok fold?

macdaddy991
01-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="red">SB Raises </font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 0.70 BB

Wario
01-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Yep, even if SB is trying to steal he will often have a hand better than that.

You have a weak hand in a tiny pot not worth defending.

cab4656
01-01-2005, 05:10 PM
It's a fold.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but if hands where it is folded around to the blinds are occurring frequently, you probably want to change tables. Tables with high players/flop percentages and larger pot sizes will be looser and more profitable. I'm sure there is no shortage of better tables at .25/.50.

macdaddy991
01-01-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you're aware, but if hands where it is folded around to the blinds are occurring frequently, you probably want to change tables. Tables with high players/flop percentages and larger pot sizes will be looser and more profitable. I'm sure there is no shortage of better tables at .25/.50.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't the case, most of the pots were going 4 -6 handed. I think the deeper reason that I posted this was because I felt weak for folding to a bad player, but still folded because I knew he would call me down to the river with A high

Trix
01-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Looks like an easy call to me, getting 3:1 with position against a guy who raised first in from SB and probably doesnt player well.

Jaran
01-01-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like an easy call to me, getting 3:1 with position against a guy who raised first in from SB and probably doesnt player well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!

-Jaran

macdaddy991
01-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Clarify my thinking then. I ran a simulation that stated that pre flop I was a coin flip. My odds therefore are 1:1 I am getting 3:1 to call. However based on my read of that player, he probably had at least a higher card than I. If all blanks hit, his high card was strong. I would have been a 7:3 dog. Would it have been worth it to chase even though I am already seemingly behind. The only advantage that I could see is my position. Help me out here, I am using this entire break to work on my game, and any and all imput is appreciated.