PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

11-02-2001, 05:49 PM
20-40 paradise game

1. I have pocket Kings in the sb. utg who is very loose limps. middle position limps, all fold to me, I raise, bb calls all in, limpers call. Flop comes K K Q. Should I bet or check here. A bet looks like im going with the flow, and a check looks suspicious...any comments on how to play this rare situation?

2. New player limps 2 off utg. I raise AA in middle position. We take the flop heads up Flop comes J 6 2. He checks, I bet he calls. Turn 10. He checks, I bet, he raises. Your play here? What if the river blanks?

3. I limp with JJ utg. 3 limpers, button raises, bb calls, 5 handed flop. Flop comes 9 9 7 with 2 hearts. I bet out, fold, solid player raises, all fold to bb who make it 3 bets. Easy fold?

4. Lets say you have AK or AQ in early position. You raise, and a solid player calls you and you are heads up. Flop coems all rags, you bet out and he raises. What do you do? Lets say the turn you check and he bets? Your play now?

11-02-2001, 08:08 PM
1. Check, who cares how it looks. If somewone hits on the turn are they throwing an over pair or a straight away because of the check? No, maybe they don't go crazy because of the funny check, but muck? No.

2. I like rope-a-dope here. Call him down. The case for raise on the turn is OK, but if he has a draw and misses he will most likely will bet the river. If a blank comes on the river and he checks I bet, but I most likely just call a bet. Keep in the back of your mind trips or jacks and tens almost as likely as AJ or KJ.

3. I fold.

4. Let the wookie win. Fold.

MS Sunshine

11-02-2001, 11:49 PM
Howdy yellow.

I am new to this posting thing, but let me have a shot. I have not read MS Sunshines response yet, but am anxious to see if we have any of the same thoughts. BTW I would value their opinion over my own...lol

1st hand:

I think I have to bet out here. I don't think you'll get much action from a steal, even if you do, they will probaly muck to a reraise or a check raise on the turn. I think I bet out here and hope that one of them hit with q-q(very unlikely) or q-j.

2nd hand:

I think I reraise here. It is very likely he hit a j, like K-J. Three bets then if he caps it I go into check and call mode. A little agressive I know but I think that overall that makes the most $$

3rd hand:

Yeah this hand for me goes right into the muck.

4th hand:

Well...this hand for me depends on a couple of factors. 1st what is their position when they call...early position I tend to just call the flop. Late position I have to occasionally reraise to make sure they are not just making a play at the pot thinking I have A-K and thinking they can just take it out from under me.

But as I read this I realize that Ihave givin a lot of clues as to how I play...lol Not that it is a big secret that I really suck. Well hope this helps you...Good luck.

11-03-2001, 09:08 PM
1. Bet. Keep betting. If you get checkraised on the flop, reraise. If checkraised on the turn, flat call and raise the river.

2. Call him down.

3. You got yourself into this by not showing any aggression preflop. The BB could easily just have A7 or similar. I'd fold because one of them is generally beating me, but I wouldn't be happy about it.

4. This is a tough one. With AQ I call and check-fold the turn. With AK I probably reraise and keep betting.

Chris

11-04-2001, 02:47 PM
Hand #1. I bet it all the way, and got called down by AQ.

I figured that player wouldc all be down with a Queen, but would not bet it out in fear of a checkraise.

Hand#2. This shmuck had 62s, and took down the pot. I simply caleld the turn and river.

Hand #3. I mucked it, and late position raiser had trip 9's.

Hand #4. THe more I call down with AK and Aq the more I hate it. i usually get beaten by a small pocket pair, or a low pair. If I have posiition I might raise or stay in the hand, but early position i must muck.

Thanks for some answers =)