PDA

View Full Version : it is time for a login!

11-02-2001, 09:28 AM
Could the possibility that login names, and credit card information could be tracked by Federal authorities have anything to do with twoplustwo refusing to instigate a login policy?

The time has come to demand that the anonymity of online poker no longer will be tolerated. Demand a login system.

11-02-2001, 09:54 AM
I don't think most people who play online would have much of a problem with less anonymity (giving a ssn for US residents perhaps). I play online and I wouldn't mind if i got a tax form in Jan. As for this forum, imo, the people that run it (mason,david etc.) would rather spend time doing things other than playing webmaster/cop, preferring to rely on the judgement and maturity of the posters to regulate the content. also, they may not have the capability to implement an effective system without additional (possibly substantial) cost and labor. And since this is free, we should probably give them some leeway on this.

11-02-2001, 01:04 PM
It would be easy enough to change names when the legitimate twoplustwo'ers refuse to even read the crap that "Honest John" has been posting here. We need a sytem that ensures that people can't log in under a different name each time and spew the same garbage as this righteous moron. I think the ultimate slap in the face for this dickhead would be for him to log on several hours after he has posted only to find a few more threads above his and that nobody has bothered to read his post. Be passive aggressive--resist the urge to respond to Honest John. I won't read anymore of his posts. If nobody here does, he'll have to take his sermon elsewhere. I say good riddance. Kiss my ass, John. This will be the last you'll hear from me. Go ahead and respond, I won't be reading it anyway. Hahahahahaha. I win!!!!

11-03-2001, 01:00 AM
What a response from someone with something to hide!

11-03-2001, 01:03 AM
Not in this climate of war. David and Mason accept substantial advertizing from criminals. What great guys.

11-03-2001, 11:36 PM
...maybe then you wouldn't be posting under so many different aliases, and the readers could avoid your rants, er, posts, more efficiently. Me, I kinda like shooting the bull with unbalanced nitwits: it adds a bit of spice to my day and helps keep me in form, but there are are serious readers out there and you should respect them a bit--even if they do support that modern scourge known as online gambling.