PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a full house, should I slowplay?

AceHigh
01-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Large Party tournament, almost in the money. I have largest stack at table, maybe 3x average stack. Blinds are T150/T300, I have around T18000. Solid, tight player (STP) raises CO+1, has about T10000 raises minimum to T600, I smooth call with 33 in CO, everyone else folds.

Flop is A-A-3, pot is around T1650. STP bets T300 and I call. I wasn't sure what to make of his bet, he is a decent player and his bet seems too small, I thought most likely it meant he had a weak hand here.

How should I play this? Obviously this is a good flop for me, but if I slowplay and he has the hand I hope Ax, I'm in danger of letting him draw cheap and filling up. If I raise and he has anything else I drive him out.

A_C_Slater
01-01-2005, 04:16 PM
You might as well. If he has Ax and you push all in he's going to insta call. Likewise if he doesn't have an A then he's practically drawing dead. In that case you should let him bluff to the river. If he's betting an ace then you're going to get all his money anyway unless he fills up.

DemonDeac Holding Rockets
01-01-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You might as well. If he has Ax and you push all in he's going to insta call. Likewise if he doesn't have an A then he's practically drawing dead. In that case you should let him bluff to the river. If he's betting an ace then you're going to get all his money anyway unless he fills up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree
and for the record, the villain is CO-1, not +1. CO+1 is a little something we call the button

AceHigh
01-01-2005, 06:18 PM
But if I just let him bet the minimum each time and then spring the trap on the river, I'm letting him draw kinda cheap aren't I?

What do you think of raising like 600 on the flop? Then maybe bet 1/4-1/3 of the pot on the turn and river. It charges more and might be cheap enough to keep him calling a large pot with a weak hand.

Paul2432
01-01-2005, 06:24 PM
I would raise the turn for two reasons. First, you can't get away from this hand, so a call offers your opponent ~35:1 odds. If he has Ax or a PP he has four outs to break you.

Second, turn raises are a lot scarier (to your opponent) then flop raises. If your opponent has KK and you raise the turn, I think a call from you may be more frightening than a raise. He may put you on a steal and call, but if you raise the turn may fold.

Paul

schwah
01-02-2005, 01:28 AM
full speed ahead

if he has an ace, you get action

if he doesn't, you don't

that wont change no matter how you play it so you might as well get the money in when you know you're ahead

zaxx19
01-02-2005, 03:10 AM
Schway hits a homerun especially with aces on the board.

AceHigh
01-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Turn is 5. STP moves all-in, I call. STP has pocket 5's. MHING.

I was hoping to rope-a-dope STP, because I thought he might be pretty weak based on the flop bet. But I think I need to charge him to see the turn and if he does have Ax, maybe I can get him to put in all his chips on the flop.