PDA

View Full Version : 30/60 Bellagio hand

JasonP530
01-01-2005, 07:38 AM
Villain sat down a few hands ago, with a short buy in (~800-1000) and he doesnt look like he knows too much. He limps in the CO + 1 (possibly 2). The button, who is a solid player, raises. I think it could be an isolation raise, but I have aces in the BB and 3 bet. Both call.

Flop is 972 and 2 hearts. I bet, villain raises, good player folds. I 3 bet and he 4 bets. Should I 5 bet and lead the turn? Should I call and lead the turn? What do you think is the optimum line in this spot?

I will post the rest of the hand and my thoughts in a bit.

jayheaps
01-01-2005, 03:27 PM
for me, it would totally depend on my read of the player. Most inexperienced players will raise preflop with any pair so a set of 7s or 9s is unlikely so i would call and lead the turn.

against a better players where a set is more likely. i would probably go into check call mode.

anatta
01-01-2005, 03:42 PM
I think you got it, either cap it and bet the turn, or just call and bet it. Given his range of hands, which is a lot since he is unknown and there are draws on the board, its a fraction of a SB difference in the long run. I don't play five bet cap that much so I am interested in what the Vegas regulars would do.

bugstud
01-01-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you got it, either cap it and bet the turn, or just call and bet it. Given his range of hands, which is a lot since he is unknown and there are draws on the board, its a fraction of a SB difference in the long run. I don't play five bet cap that much so I am interested in what the Vegas regulars would do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure that there's no cap in this situation.

JasonP530
01-01-2005, 04:08 PM
The result is that I called and checked the turn, figuring a bad player wouldnt 4 bet me on the flop without 2 pair. If I was ahead, he would probably bet the turn. Oops. He checked behind. River was a third heart, so I checked, he bet and I beat him into the pot and he mucked. I just hated giving a free card in that situation. If I bet the turn and get raised, should I still call the river unimproved?

ggbman
01-01-2005, 05:44 PM
If he raises the turn i think you still have to showdown. He could have KK, or possible a hand like A9 of hearts because he wanted to isolate the poor player.

lil feller
01-01-2005, 06:32 PM
There isn't really enough information to give much valuable insight. My first question would be did you have the Ace of Hearts?

lf

lil feller
01-01-2005, 06:33 PM
There is no poor player in this hand. The villian is an unknown, and the good player on the button already folded.

lf

JasonP530
01-01-2005, 09:42 PM
I dont recall if I had the A of hearts, but he limped first in from there, so I didnt really think he had an ace or pair. Guess I should have been more agressive on that board. I guess all would have been fine, except the turn was a 3 and he checked behind. If he bets the turn and river, then my line seems a little better.