PDA

View Full Version : K4s, bet this river?

Cardzy
01-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero ???

MoDOH
01-01-2005, 07:39 AM
With only two limpers and in MP3 I fold this preflop...
And yeah, bet the river

lil'
01-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Two pretty bad decisions in this hand.

1) The limp pre-flop is too loose. The hand is not very good, your kicker is weak, and there are still people to act behind you.
2) Value bet the river. There is no reason to think one of these guys has a jack right now. This is the more serious of the two mistakes.

Happy New Year!

Cardzy
01-01-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Two pretty bad decisions in this hand.

1) The limp pre-flop is too loose. The hand is not very good, your kicker is weak, and there are still people to act behind you.
2) Value bet the river. There is no reason to think one of these guys has a jack right now. This is the more serious of the two mistakes.

Happy New Year!

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know I didn't value bet it? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

lil'
01-01-2005, 11:07 AM
LOL, you're right.

But, seriously, it shouldn't even be a question! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nick C
01-01-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I think you checked the river is that "Hero" isn't in red for that street.

I like the highlighting bisonbison's converter provides, but it can give subtle hints about the closing action (of the post).

Anyway, sometimes I don't bet the river when I should, when the card that falls is one of the last ones I wanted to see. But I agree with the others that you should bet here. Pocket pairs and unpaired aces may call, and there's a good chance you would have heard from a jack on the turn.

Edit: Also, someone with an eight might call.

detruncate
01-01-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I think you checked the river is that "Hero" isn't in red for that street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of sneaky micro guys have figured out how to remove the colour tags in our ??? posts. Just a heads up.