PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal at $2/$4?

Cardzy
01-01-2005, 05:54 AM
Ok I have gone through 4 tables at Party $2/$4 now within my first 84 hands played (or was it 64?). What the hell is up with the tables breaking up so fast? I think the longest I have been able to stay at a table is 12 minutes.

And I'm picking the ones with the highest pot averages, full tables when I sit down. Great mix of loose and tight players. But for some reason everyone starts leaving after a few minutes, and most of the time it's the loose players until 2 or 3 or gone and then the table just disintegrates.

I experienced the same thing when I used to play at Pacific and hated it. Is this how Party $2/$4 is normally? God if it is I might last 2 days before I say screw it and go back to $1/$2.

Evan
01-01-2005, 05:57 AM
Nope. Very abnormal.

Nick C
01-01-2005, 06:01 AM
Lately, I've been running into what seems like an unusually high turnover rate at the 2/4 tables. Maybe it has something to do with the holidays.

Another theory I have is that perhaps the player I just replaced is the one who was pushing the pot sizes up and that I got there just in time to see the other players start departing, since the biggest LAG just did.

Anyway, though, I believe I have also played at a 2/4 table for 300 hands or so without it breaking up. But sometimes I continue to play short-handed or even heads-up, if I like my chances against the remaining player(s), and then new players start to arrive.

lefty rosen
01-01-2005, 06:43 AM
Yeah it's normal many winning players are there to pray on the weak any two types, so once they tap or run after losing a fair bit what's left but rocks and weakies who marginally lose. Also the rocks really aren't good players except they know how to play AA,KK,QQ,JJ and AK,AQ,AJ so they can't play short as they will get gobbled up by guys who can smash them out with anything......

Cardzy
01-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. It has gotten a bit better anyway.

archmagi
01-01-2005, 12:52 PM
the time of the day is a factor as well. they last much longer in the peak times.