PDA

View Full Version : First tourney win

Buccaneer
01-01-2005, 03:39 AM
I really do not want to come off as cocky but I enjoyed myself tonight in a play money tourney. The game 7stud hi/low. Now to be honest I never played this game before. I have been playing 7 stud because I was having trouble with holdem and I have seen this suggested here. In playing 7stud I have reduced the sub alpha males trying to do the all in with nothing thing. I found them to be anoying but worst made it impossible to learn. 7stud has let me learn to read cards but more important have a good idea of what someone has in the hand, know when they got a bad card, learn to check, and learn when to give up a hand for many other reasons besides not getting my cards. Thank you for that and other advice here on this site.

You probably do not want the details as you have heard them hundreds of times before I will try to keep it short. If I don't bore you please comment on what you think I need to concentrate on.

Like I said I entered the game by mistakenly clicking the wrong game. Hi/low. Never played it before but when I saw chips going in both directions I picked up on it enough to assist me more than help me. When I entered game a player claimed to have 8 inches of sexual apparatis. I sat down and made a joke asking him to just keep it out of my chip pile. He goes off and the combat begins. The game starts and I loose several hands to this and several other roudys who are just flinging thier chips about. I am taking it like a man and figure that if everyone is staying in and raising then I need to take a pot or two before we loose players. I waited till I had a hand that could improve and stayed in. Luck would have it that everyone stayed in and the pot got big and I won it with a straight. Then the name calling started.

I started to use the timer to irritate them, feeling sorry for the inocents. This caused them to play shall we say in a non rationial but predictable way. I countered with folds. I got some good hands and was unable to use them. Then I got a good hand that I played well and crushed them. This made honest players out of them but they were mine. The rest of the players were picked off one by one. I made sure that pots were big if I stayed in. I was able to make them fold at will (mine not thiers) I could make them check, I could make them raise. I just took thier chips. It got down to the two of us and I was down chips but some how I knew I was incontrol. We played conservitively for a while and then I knew it was time to push his hot buttons. He fell apart. I gained the chip advantage and knew that he was mine. He almost recovered but I only let him think he had me worried. This seemed to give me even more control. The increasing blinds became my greatest enemy but I played carefuly. He became desperate, I folded. He knew if I raised I was holding (even if I was not). In the end he went all in and I know he knew he didn't have the cards.

Now I know that luck had a lot to do with me winning, but I think I saw the game for the first time with all the pieces in place. What do you guys think?

Will I be able to get back to this point or were the planets just alligned perfectly?

I have a feeling that if I ever run into this guy again he will still be mine. Your thoughts?

I really enjoyed the game tonight not just winning, that was extra.

illunious
01-01-2005, 05:27 AM
How drunk were you>

slickterp
01-01-2005, 01:44 PM
i think in the future you will own all his fake money. buy yourself something nice.