PDA

View Full Version : Agree with WB on Kings and Bibby

10-11-2001, 02:04 PM
The trade with the Grizzlies involving in part Mike Bibby for Jason Williams was a major coup for the Kings. Compare Bibby numbers to Williams numbers. The other part of the trade Anderson for Price will have little impact on either team. Also Kings picked up Cleaves in the offseason. Kings are set a point guard and mucho improved at that position. May need a little more rebounding but maybe CWEBB and a supposedly much better conditioned Divac can carry the load. At 25-to-1 Kings have sky high value.

10-11-2001, 04:10 PM
I think Bibby might be your man. He was quite a rebounding force in college for a guard and on a team with a lot of shooters he might pick up the slack in a role that Williams never was interested in. Bibby just fits so well and it goes beyond his stats. He sticks that 15-18 foot jumper that will be open quite often since the Kings are so adept at moving the ball around, whereas Williams was given that shot often and he couldn't hit it. Further he isn't a defensive liability that forces Jackson to play in the fourth quarter. I wouldn't be surprised with Cleaves in town that they trade Jackson for the banger down low you mention. There is such a market for young proven PG that they are sure to get great value mid-season, especially if they like what they see out of Cleaves. The only question is where would this banger play? CWebb and Peja are going to log a lot of minutes so the rebounding has to come out of the C and with depth in Divac and Pollard there doesn't appear to be room. These are the types of problems I am sure almost all NBA coaches would just love to have!