PDA

View Full Version : January Challenge Preview - 55 in EP

GrunchCan
01-01-2005, 02:43 AM
Table is sLP-P. Opponents are bad post-flop. Nice juicy table.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (3 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (3 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Entity
01-01-2005, 02:53 AM
Trying this in EP 8-handed eh? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm betting flop, turn, and river, and folding to any raises along the way, if opponent is as bad as you seem to describe.

Rob

cold_cash
01-01-2005, 04:20 AM
Betting the turn here is best, IMO.

The river kinda depends on who your opponents are.

If I'm playing this hand against Entity (loose, calling station types), I would bet the river every time because he'll call me down with all kinds of crap, but he's too much of a weiner to bet.

If I'm against a player like Jaran or Fuzzy (loose/wild), I would check and call because they can't resist the urge to projectile barf chips by bluffing in spots like this with hands I'm easily beating. (Actually, against Jaran I might even check-raise, but you see my point.)

Oh, and Happy New Year, Hosers.

Entity
01-01-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm playing this hand against Entity (loose, calling station types),

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're playing this hand against me, you should raise preflop, so I can 3-bet my unders (hey, I have outs!).

If you're playing this hand against Cold_Cash, you should have fold. He has Aces. Cash is the only guy I've seen at the 2+2 table have a negative VPIP.

cold_cash
01-01-2005, 04:30 AM
In addition to AA, I've also been known to play KK from time to time, (but only if the table conditions justify it).

One of my new year's resolutions for 2005 is working in QQ.

Shillx
01-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Bet the turn, fold to a raise. I'll play this hand this way all day long anywere from .5/1 to 40/80. Turn check sucks dude.

Brad