PDA

View Full Version : Possible Collusion to start the New Year? What do you think?

mblax10
01-01-2005, 02:36 AM
This hand didn't seem right to me. I posted the hand history and the e-mail that I sent to support where I listed why I felt their was collusion. What do you think? Does this look odd to anybody else?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 <font color="#A500AF">(Colluder #1)</font> calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO <font color="#A500AF">(Colluder #2)</font> calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 <font color="#A500AF">(Colluder #1)</font> 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO <font color="#A500AF">(Colluder #2)</font> caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 <font color="#A500AF">(Colluder #1)</font> calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Colluder #1 bets</font>, Colluder #2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Colluder #1 calls, Colluder #2 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Colluder #1 bets</font>, Colluder #2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Colluder #1 folds, Colluder #2 calls.

River: (15.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Colluder #2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Colluder #2 folds.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

Dear Support,

I would like to report to your team a hand that seemed very strange to me. Hand #xxxxxx on January 1, 2005 at apx. 1:50 AM EST.

The actions of Colluder #1 and Colluder #2 seemed peculiar. Even though I benefited greatly if in fact these 2 players were working together, I would’ve hated to be driven out of the hand by these two, or to not report the incident just because I won a large pot. I didn’t notice any other hands where these 2 players may be teaming up, but that dosen’t mean it didn’t happen. I was 4 tabling at the time, and was not focused on every hand at this table. Below I listed the reasons that this hand drew my attention.

1.I raise the button, and it is raised and capped before it gets back to me. At $1/$2 I rarely see 1 player limp re-raise, nonetheless 2 on the same hand.

2.At one point in the hand, either after I raise the flop or the turn, both players receive a warning for taking too much time, possibly instant messaging to figure out what there next move is.

3.Colluder #1 bets the turn than folds to my raise (In and of itself this is not out of the ordinary. He could have Kings or Queens how he played the hand.)

4.Colluder #2 folds a $30 pot for 1 bet on the river. There are bad players at this level who will fold big pots for 1 bet, but I can’t figure a single hand that could play the hand how Colluder #2 did, get to the river and fold. If he has Kings or Ten’s if he gets to the river, most people will call. If he had some sort of suited connector and was jamming pre-flop what hand would get to the river and not have a hand worth calling 1 bet, Kc9c? 2 little clubs, that capped the flop for some reason?

5.On top of all of this, one player is from Hinsdale one from Naperville. These are both Chicago suburbs so I believe it improves the chances of these players working together.

I’m sure your team will investigate this incident further and come to a better conclusion than I can after seeing what cards they actually had and these players histories.

Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work,

OrianasDaad
01-01-2005, 03:04 AM
I doubt it's collusion, since it's missing the classic whipsaw - especially during the turn and river stages where the big bets go in.

I had a more detailed argument on why I didn't think this had a chance at being collusion - but I'll just say that I hope people collude against me like this all the time.

Did you know there's a Hinsdale in Mass, New Hampshire, New York, Colorado, Ohio and Kentucky? I'll leave it up to you to figure out which states have Naperville's besides IL.

Do not always assume the worst. It's a bad poker habit. Do always assess the situation without emotion. It's a good poker habit.

bennyk
01-01-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (15.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Colluder #1 bets</font>, Colluder #2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Colluder #1 calls, Colluder #2 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were truly colluding to drive you out of the hand, why didn't #2 raise here?

Collusion at 1/2 would be a waste of time, but that doesn't mean some stupid people aren't doing it. You were right to notify support.
bk

Aaron W.
01-01-2005, 03:57 AM
No collusion here. Just bad play.

How can they be colluding when they have two chances to drive you out of the pot (flop and turn) but don't do it? Also, what are they colluding with preflop that's so powerful? Usually collusion takes place on the expensive streets after the pot gets large enough to be worth fighting over.

Also, why is folding the river a sign of collusion? It looks like a missed flush draw to me. Are you worried about the limp-cap preflop? It's meaningless. Players do stupid things all the time with crap hands.

Nice pot and happy new year.

Shillx
01-01-2005, 10:03 AM
I don't see how this is collusion...

Brad

rewt75
01-01-2005, 03:30 PM
That is not collusion. If they were colluding, they would be raising the turn and river and sucking you in for bets, which they didn't.