PDA

View Full Version : A special note to the 2+2 SNG gang

DrPhysic
01-01-2005, 02:35 AM
Dear 2+2 SNG folks,

GrannyMae who is somewhat of an icon on 2+2, either a leader or a leprechaun (I’m not quite sure which) on Internet Forum known to most of us as the Zoo, has come up with a cause that I think we should support.

The tsunami in Asia is a terrible disaster. Granny and a lot of other 2+2ers are making donations to the disaster relief in the form of direct contributions through Granny to the International Red Cross, or contributing half or more of their winnings from a special 18:00 Sunday 2+2 tournament.

Here is the jist of Granny’s post: link is below
__________________________________________________ _______________
This sunday at 6p EST there will be a private tourney at pokerstars. all those who money will donate 1/2 of their winnings (or more if they choose) to the red cross.

The buy in is $10. the structure is NLHE.

The tournament is now posted as "Zoo Tsunami Relief" under the private tab. it is tourney number 4248593

Those in the money will transfer me 1/2 their winnings after the tourney, i will match that amount, and will send it to the american red cross who is accepting donations.

The password is

zoohelp

Granny has offered to match $for$, up to $1000, the amount of the winnings from the tournament donated for the Tsunami Disaster Relief, funds to go to the International Red Cross.

PokerStars has also waived the fee for the tourney, matched some of the donation money, and put up some great incentive prizes for the people who make the final table. (Including a PokerStars leather jacket for the winner, which you can forget because I saw it first!)

In addition, there have been a number of personal donations from our guys at 2+2 and challenges to match the donations.

I have entered the tournament, and made a personal donation to Granny’s fund by transferring the cost of one of my regular tournament entry fees to GrannyMae on PokerStars.

This is an opportunity for the folks from 2+2 to step up and make an effort to help somebody that needs us. We can afford it, if we couldn’t, we wouldn’t be enjoying ourselves playing poker.

I encourage you to read the thread at:

Zoo Tsunami Relief Tournament post by GrannyMae: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1447476&page=&view=&s b=5&o=

I also encourage you to enter the tournament on Sunday and to make personal donations as you feel appropriate.

Doc

nolanfan34
01-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Great post, and a worthy cause. I'll send Granny an extra $10, if I'm knocked out by someone who mentions this post in a PM.

IMTheWalrus8
01-02-2005, 06:04 PM
I wanted to bump this up, just in case people didn't know about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear 2+2 SNG folks,

GrannyMae who is somewhat of an icon on 2+2, either a leader or a leprechaun (I’m not quite sure which) on Internet Forum known to most of us as the Zoo, has come up with a cause that I think we should support.

The tsunami in Asia is a terrible disaster. Granny and a lot of other 2+2ers are making donations to the disaster relief in the form of direct contributions through Granny to the International Red Cross, or contributing half or more of their winnings from a special 18:00 Sunday 2+2 tournament.

Here is the jist of Granny’s post: link is below
__________________________________________________ _______________
This sunday at 6p EST there will be a private tourney at pokerstars. all those who money will donate 1/2 of their winnings (or more if they choose) to the red cross.

The buy in is $10. the structure is NLHE.

The tournament is now posted as "Zoo Tsunami Relief" under the private tab. it is tourney number 4248593

Those in the money will transfer me 1/2 their winnings after the tourney, i will match that amount, and will send it to the american red cross who is accepting donations.

The password is

zoohelp

Granny has offered to match $for$, up to $1000, the amount of the winnings from the tournament donated for the Tsunami Disaster Relief, funds to go to the International Red Cross.

PokerStars has also waived the fee for the tourney, matched some of the donation money, and put up some great incentive prizes for the people who make the final table. (Including a PokerStars leather jacket for the winner, which you can forget because I saw it first!)

In addition, there have been a number of personal donations from our guys at 2+2 and challenges to match the donations.

I have entered the tournament, and made a personal donation to Granny’s fund by transferring the cost of one of my regular tournament entry fees to GrannyMae on PokerStars.

This is an opportunity for the folks from 2+2 to step up and make an effort to help somebody that needs us. We can afford it, if we couldn’t, we wouldn’t be enjoying ourselves playing poker.

I encourage you to read the thread at:

Zoo Tsunami Relief Tournament post by GrannyMae: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1447476&page=&view=&s b=5&o=

I also encourage you to enter the tournament on Sunday and to make personal donations as you feel appropriate.

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

2planka
01-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Was a great time for a noble cause. Glad to get to play with so many brown trouters. Wish I played better (busted out in 79th place, I think) but the main thing was to support the event.

Very classy by the 2+2 crowd.