PDA

View Full Version : Some General Questions about Micro Limit

SurfNirvana
05-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Hey hows it going guys.
This is my first post on 2+2, so be gentle. I've been playing for a couple months now, read,re-reading Sklansky's Guide to Texas Hold 'Em for Advanced players. I've incorporated a great deal of that into my game, but I have kind of run into a philisophical problem. I understand that the book is written for 10-20 dollar limits, so it doesn't work as well at .5/1 play, but it can't lose all practicality in .5/1 right? So far I've been a consitently winning player online, tring to play a patient tight-aggresive game. But, I've noticed that some of my play has been drastically offset by people who are just blowing through cash hoping to hit on the flop. For example, reraising to cap with Level 1 and 2 cards preflop, and then getting demolished by some absurd two pair or trips, that shouldn't have been in, on the flop. So heres my question, how do you neturalize/adjust your play for these people. I take comfort in knowing they'll lose in the long run, but still it sucks. Some of the play is so bizzare and incredibly lucky that i just shrug. Which kind of leads to another question, should you play looser in these limits? not absurd loose Q4o, but maybe 9-10s in MP or something marginal like that. I'm kinda getting the hang of it, but any pointers from micro vets would be quite appreciated.

PEACE
Mike