PDA

View Full Version : calculating odds on internet poker games

high007
12-31-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey everyone,

I currently play online poker with Tigergaming. I am starting to *try* and calculate immediate pot odds, but I find that the games go just a tad to fast for me to do the exact calculations. Does anyone know of a single player poker program that I can play against multiple computer opponents, so I have time to calculate my odds? Also, is this the right approach that I am taking by practicing calculating immediate odds? While later on in my game include implied odds?

Thanks.

ewile
12-31-2004, 11:45 PM
my advice is don't get a program. We tend to use the same odds over and over. Inside straight draw, middle pair, overcard kicker (5 outs), pair w/ backdoor draw (about 6.5 outs.) etc. Keep your copy of SSH open to the page withthe outs/odds chart and just keep at it.
You'll memorize them sooner or later.

smoore
01-01-2005, 12:12 AM
I believe you are looking for a "game" to play against computer AI so that you can practice calculating odds? Try Turbo Texas Holdem by Wilson Software. There's another one that people have liked better but the name escapes me. Searching the Books/Software forum might yeild something. Pokertracker will let you play back hands and show pot odds for each drawing player so you could get the free version, put 1000 hands into it and practice calculating on those also.

Rudbaeck
01-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Poki Poker Academy is way better.

smoore
01-01-2005, 12:53 AM
that's the one

EliteNinja
01-01-2005, 07:29 AM
I'd cash out of Tiger if you're playing real money.
They take like a whole month to cashout. The site is sketchy, I hear.