PDA

View Full Version : an awkward post-xmas situation.... help needed

Sooga
12-31-2004, 09:16 PM
As is usually the story, this is about a girl... except not quite what you think.

Here's the situation. This girl I've known since high school (which was a good 8 years ago) sent me a belated xmas present. 'So what?' you may be asking. This girl and I have not spoken to each other for, I'm not really sure, but it's gotta be at least more than 6 months. We didn't part on bad terms or anything, we just kinda wandered out of touch.

Now, the thing is, I actually kind of enjoyed the time off from her, because truth be told, she is really pretty annoying. The type that you'll be hanging out with and all of a sudden will launch into a monologue like "I went to McDonald's today.. the soda was really sweet. The fries were kinda too salty too... Yea, it was kinda surprising because usually the food at McDonald's usually always taste the same, you know? Well, I guess except for that one time when I was in blalbhlabhlahblahblahblahb". And so it goes. No point to the story really, but she just keeps going on and on until she runs out of tangents. And it happens over and over. So yea, I kinda wanted to stay out of touch, and here she sends me this belated gift. The gift itself was nice (a silk shirt, probably about $40 or so), but nothing too extravagant.

The thing is, my mom and sister know this girl too, and she sent them presents as well. So now if I just keep ignoring this girl, and my sister and mom get back in touch with her, then I'll look even more like a dick. What to do, what to do....

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-31-2004, 09:29 PM
hit it and treat her like a whore.

or pull the gay card.....

Sooga
12-31-2004, 09:36 PM
See, that's the problem.. given her ties with my sister and mother, if I 'hit it and quit it' or 'f*ck it and chuck it', word would inevitably get around to them, and I could very well be written out of my mom's will. So that's not a very viable plan to me... same reasoning goes with the gay card, which really isn't too bad an idea otherwise.

Josh W
12-31-2004, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or pull the gay card.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly am not the guy to know, but isn't that card played by people PRETENDING to be gay?

Kidding Sooga, kidding.

I think I'd send her a thank-you card or something, so as to not appear ungrateful, but I wouldn't get her a gift. A card, as opposed to a phone call, also makes communication a little trickier on her part, so you can also maintain distance.

j

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-31-2004, 09:38 PM
hmmm...... friends w/ benefits? wait, i got it!!! next time she starts to talk, just shove your dick in her mouth.

"i love ybbubhHBUHBGGGGG" Excelent.

Sooga
12-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Josh, I thought maybe you could get through 2004 without questioning my manhood, but I suppose that's too much to expect out of you.

A card is a good idea..... except I don't know her damn address, and finding it would require me to speak to her.... then again, maybe my sister and/or mom has it... i will look into this.

TimM
12-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Maybe you could push her away by giving her a little too much attention. I'll let the others elaborate...

IggyWH
01-01-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The type that you'll be hanging out with and all of a sudden will launch into a monologue like "I went to McDonald's today.. the soda was really sweet. The fries were kinda too salty too... Yea, it was kinda surprising because usually the food at McDonald's usually always taste the same, you know? Well, I guess except for that one time when I was in blalbhlabhlahblahblahblahb". And so it goes. No point to the story really, but she just keeps going on and on until she runs out of tangents. And it happens over and over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh... you just described pretty much every woman on the planet there.

The thank you card is a good idea. It keeps the conversation down to a minimum. If you feel like you have to contact her though, invite her out to dinner. Then make up some story about a mythical girlfriend you have and don't shut up about her the whole time. Nothing a woman hates more is hearing about another woman. Even if this girl isn't interested in you that way, it'll annoy the crap out of her. Make it be known that all your future freetime is going to be spent with this "girlfriend".

The once and future king
01-01-2005, 09:43 AM
What about brutal honesty.

E.g. Thanks for the present but I dont like you. Communicate to parents/sister that this girl isnt for you ect ect..

Peice of piss.

Duke
01-01-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you could push her away by giving her a little too much attention. I'll let the others elaborate...

[/ QUOTE ]

That only works on girls that don't really like you in the first place.

Or on girls that you actually do like.

~D