PDA

View Full Version : Which would you rather have?

Steeler
12-31-2004, 08:07 PM
I've been thinking about this today..
You're on a 5/10 table online with very loose and passive players. You are on the button for this hand when you realise EVERYONE on the table has called the big blind. My question is which holding would you rather have in this situation? AKs or QQ ?

Bob T.
12-31-2004, 08:32 PM
My preference would be QQ, but I would be happy, as long as I held a hand with some values.

Cardzy
01-01-2005, 01:34 AM
I would rather hold AKs myself. I would rather be drawing to A's, K's, and/or a flush (all better than QQ) than have a made hand of QQ and trying to protect it against such a large field of players from the button.

Disclaimer: I don't play 5/10. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stinkypete
01-01-2005, 01:45 AM
AKs no doubt

Entity
01-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Probably QQ. It's got a slight bit more equity in this situation than AKs, but really, it doesn't make a huge difference. I'll flop a set 12% of the time and I'll take the pot home with the set the majority of the time; with AKs I'll flop a flush draw or other pretty strong hand about the same portion (9% for flush draw, so I'll hit a flush slightly more than 3% of the time).

In a 10-way pot, I'm not expecting top pair to take it down very often, so I'd rather have QQ and play it for some pair + a lot of set value.

Rob

Russ McGinley
01-01-2005, 02:37 AM
They both win as often, QQ about 2% more. You'll win about 25% of the time.