PDA

View Full Version : dealing with the check-raise

10-30-2001, 01:57 PM
I wonder how much I've paid out to the river check raise over the last year. I see it on Paradise all the time, people check-raise and invariably get called. How often will it be a bluff? One in 20 times? I've been practicing with Wilson's tournament software and took notice right away that when I tried to check raise, they always fold. Would I be correct to throw away Aces in the face of a river CR? I recently dumped AA when the board four flushed and my opponent sprung to life. AA only wins 35% of the time, right? Of course I would only fold them if I suspected they were beaten, Kings and Queens too. When the little voice inside my head says they've lost, the mouse pointer usually migrates towards the call button. How big a leak could this be?

10-30-2001, 03:44 PM
Depending on the level of the game, the TURN C-R can be a disaster-tremendous leak...but calling the usual RIVER C-R is worse, like burning money in almost every game. And betting into a scary board like a runner-runner 4 flush or a 4 str8 on the river is not so swift: Check the 20-40 game to see how the good players there play this. They do not bet into it unless they hold the goods....

Mark